An unremarkable enterance... - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dr Chroot
Members
Greetings, nixers!

I have been using GNU/Linux full-time since Spring of last year, finally severing ties with Windows 7. (No hard feelings, though.) Despite the (IMHO) dreadful Unity interface, Ubuntu was a breath of fresh air and a welcome respite from the plebian masses plugged into botnet OS's. It enlivened me, and gave me the will to pursue Unix-based OS's further, something I am grateful to the project for.

I went on to experiment with openSUSE, Fedora, Arch, CentOS, Mint, et.al. gleaning from each skills which helped me with the next. Now I have begun to quite enjoy the Debian project, and have pursued it further than the others, developing a taste for the riced desktop :)

I look forward to being able to watch over the shoulders of master ricers and sharpening my skills with CUI interaction. Have a great day!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.
eye
Members
Welcome Jin *häm* Dr Chroot. Welcome on board!
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
It's always good to welcome fresh meat willing to contribute, have a nice stay!
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
dami0
Long time nixers
Welcome aboard buddy. Don't forget there's other *nixes out there and check out our soon-to-be own ricing app!
Dr Chroot
Members
(24-07-2014, 07:10 PM)dami0 Wrote: Welcome aboard buddy. Don't forget there's other *nixes out there and check out our soon-to-be own ricing app!

Thanks! Only recently has the true world of Unix been opened up to me... I look forward to tinkering around with the *BSDs, and seeing if I can install PureDarwin. (I definitely look forward to the release of the ricing app.)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.
DotDev
Long time nixers
welcome to nixers, Dr Chroot your ricing skill will increase ten fold, hope to see you around the forum and at #nixers