Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
swathe
Members
Hi, I'm a sysadmin and IT consultant. My favourite distro is Gentoo but due to laziness I am currently using Arch Linux with i3.

I found out about this forum from screenshots on the Arch forums so I thought I would check it out. I've had a bit of a poke around and lot's of interesting stuff caught my attention.

Cheers.
neeasade
Grey Hair Nixers
>due to laziness I am currently using Arch Linux
iktf

you came to the right place
Houseoftea
Long time nixers
> sysadmin and IT consultant

Make room for one more person whose smarter than me folks ;)
dkeg
Members
Cool swathe. Nice to meet you.
work hard, complain less
swathe
Members
Thanks guys

(10-08-2015, 09:29 PM)Houseoftea Wrote: > sysadmin and IT consultant

Make room for one more person whose smarter than me folks ;)

I'm sure you are plenty smart and I have a lot to learn as far as making my i3 setup look nice. I don't even call it ricing because I think that's more to just makign things look good without purpose. We are on our machines a lot and it's just good practice to like and enjoy what you are looking at, and good colour configs help my eyes.
venam
Administrators
Welcome to the nixers.net forums.
swathe
Members
(11-08-2015, 01:42 AM)venam Wrote: Welcome to the nixers.net forums.

Thanks Venam.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Welcome here! Glad to find another sysadmin here. Do you also use arch at work or it's only for personnal use?
swathe
Members
(11-08-2015, 07:25 AM)z3bra Wrote: Welcome here! Glad to find another sysadmin here. Do you also use arch at work or it's only for personnal use?

Just personal use unfortunately. We are primarily a Windows shop but I use OS X on a 11"Macbook Air as my workstation.
cjm
Long time nixers
Welcome, any friend of Unix is a friend of ours! :-)
swathe
Members
(11-08-2015, 09:34 AM)cjm Wrote: Welcome, any friend of Unix is a friend of ours! :-)

If it wasn't for Unix I'd hate computers I think.
srp
Long time nixers
Welcome to nixers!
~Seraphim R.P.
the artistnixer formerly known as vypr formerly known as sticky
Webtm
Members
Welcome.
xero
Long time nixers
welcome to nixers