Masterrace - the HHKB club! - Hardware talk

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Okeg
Long time nixers
Seeing how infamous this keyboard has gotten around here, it's time for a thread about it!

I'll contribute once I have something worthy to write about.
Phyrne
Long time nixers
(19-02-2013, 07:21 PM)Vizaari Wrote: Seeing how infamous this keyboard has gotten around here, it's time for a thread about it!

I'll contribute once I have something worthy to write about.

Good to see the talk about it last night inspired you to type up a thread ;) I'm in the same boat as you, I'll be contributing too (just posting so everyone knows I have one, and I am therefore fucking awesome)
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I will have one when it ships.
venam
Administrators
My keyboard is crunchy and it's missing some keys :(
Can you feel the jelly beany with peanut butter caramelized with chocolate?
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I just got it and it's so perfect! It's a dream to type on :)
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
the pro 2
Jayro
Long time nixers
I have one of [these bad boys](http://pcflights.com/images/razer/razer-lycosa.jpg), It seemed like a good idea at the time.. All I want know is a sleek little keyboard.
Jayro
Long time nixers
(23-02-2013, 02:40 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(23-02-2013, 09:26 AM)Jayro Wrote: I have one of [these bad boys](http://pcflights.com/images/razer/razer-lycosa.jpg), It seemed like a good idea at the time.. All I want know is a sleek little keyboard.

I was looking at one of those, what don't you like about it?

If you game a lot, its great. It's even not bad for writing code. The only reason I do not like it is because of how bulky it is.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
here's a pic I posted on the reddits.

[Image: EbIWDR1.jpg]
eye
Members
I wanted one of those too, but finally, not finding a good way to ship it, I bought a Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless from the UK.

[Image: filco_majestouch_tenkeyless.jpg]
eye
Members
(24-02-2013, 05:57 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(24-02-2013, 03:53 PM)shix Wrote: I have never used that thing.

I use it all the time, especially if you need to use a calculator or type in any sort of numbers. I find it way faster than using the default number row.

there are two kinds of people, those who use it and those who don't. I'm personally as fast with the number row as with the pad, so I don't really need the number pad.
eye
Members
I understand. You can actually get a filco with the numpad.

keyboardco.com
Phyrne
Long time nixers
Just at work right now, got my second HHKB waiting for me at home, arrived today from Japan. Sexy white this time ;) Bought another printed caps one, mainly 'cause this will be a work dedicated board (yes, I know, how extortionate). I'll have to get a picture up of my office station with the board tomorrow.
Phyrne
Long time nixers
(25-02-2013, 12:02 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: Making big bucks now, eh Phyrne? ;)

You know that ;D
Phyrne
Long time nixers
Here they are brothas. Don't all get too excited.

[Image: 8M8DEbm.jpg]

White for the office, black for home (I feel there's a need for a joke about how I like my women here?)
Dritz
Long time nixers
Once you go black, you never go back...
"Willful ignorance is a crime"
Phyrne
Long time nixers
Tools of the trade getting me through the sleepy mornings at work ;)

[Image: BEMLo1_CQAAZoD9.jpg:large]
Phyrne
Long time nixers
(28-02-2013, 01:56 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: Wish I had a job :( can't wait to graduate and get into the job market.

You'll get there dude :D
Jayro
Long time nixers
(28-02-2013, 01:56 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(28-02-2013, 09:18 AM)Phyrne Wrote: Tools of the trade getting me through the sleepy mornings at work ;)

Wish I had a job :( can't wait to graduate and get into the job market.

Why wait?
crshd
Registered
(24-02-2013, 02:19 PM)eye Wrote: I wanted one of those too, but finally, not finding a good way to ship it, I bought a Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless from the UK.

[Image: filco_majestouch_tenkeyless.jpg]

That's where it's at. Blues I hope?
I prefer a keyboard that can also be used as a weapon if the need arises, those HHKBs are just too small.

(24-02-2013, 03:34 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: None of these keyboards have the number pad on the far right, why is that? Don't you guys find that useful?

It moves the mouse closer to the hand, Personally I find that more important than a number pad, which I don't have a need for too often. And if you still need one, you can get a separate USB keypad, and put that to the right of the mouse, or the left of the keyboard. Or whatever place arouses you. Also small keyboards make desks look sexy :D

(28-02-2013, 09:18 AM)Phyrne Wrote: Tools of the trade getting me through the sleepy mornings at work ;)

[Image: BEMLo1_CQAAZoD9.jpg:large]

Fuck the keyboard, I want one of those mugs.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

crshd
Registered
If a Filco is a weapon, a M is clearly a WMD. I think you need a license for that.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I just did a silencing mod with o-rings for my hhkb. Amazingly smooth !
Phyrne
Long time nixers
(10-07-2013, 10:05 AM)yrmt Wrote: I just did a silencing mod with o-rings for my hhkb. Amazingly smooth !

Nice man! Should make a video :) I'm really, really considering getting an Ergodox when they become available again....
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
(10-07-2013, 11:54 AM)Phyrne Wrote:
(10-07-2013, 10:05 AM)yrmt Wrote: I just did a silencing mod with o-rings for my hhkb. Amazingly smooth !

Nice man! Should make a video :) I'm really, really considering getting an Ergodox when they become available again....

I'll make the video when I get my new phone!
jmbi
Long time nixers
(10-07-2013, 01:17 PM)yrmt Wrote:
(10-07-2013, 11:54 AM)Phyrne Wrote:

I'll make the video when I get my new phone!

What phone are you going to get?
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I just bought a 64gb iPhone 5. First serious phone in my life :>
jmbi
Long time nixers
(10-07-2013, 02:30 PM)yrmt Wrote: I just bought a 64gb iPhone 5. First serious phone in my life :>

Haha, nice. The hardware sure is sexy, the software sure is not. :O
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
iOS7 Is actually very nice with the new true multitaking, notification center, control center and general looks.
hades
Long time nixers
I plan to update to iOS 7 as soon as it's possible to jailbreak iOS 7. It looks really nice, but there are some features I just can't do without on my phone.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
What are you using from jailbreaking?