nixers
Come 'beta test' my school project please? - Printable Version
+- nixers (https://nixers.net)
+-- Forum: General (https://nixers.net/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Off topic (https://nixers.net/Forum-Off-topic)
+--- Thread: Come 'beta test' my school project please? (/Thread-Come-beta-test-my-school-project-please)

Come 'beta test' my school project please? - kirby - 04-03-2014

Hey folks,

A little while ago I asked you guys to fill out a survey for a school project. That's coming to close, and I now need 'beta testers' to prove I'm working with an end user who can report problems for me to fix.

Could I ask a couple of you to install the program, play around with it a bit and report any errors to the GitHub (that bit is pretty important, because it's the only real proof I have)? I've already got one from a friend, so one or two more will be fine. I've left a really glaringly obvious error in for a beta tester to 'discover' (move about directories a bit and look at the top bar), so even if someone, anyone, reports that and I fix it will probably be fine.

Thanks!

RE: Come 'beta test' my school project please? - ajac - 04-03-2014

oh man, i hate so many of the files on my hard drive, cant wait to delete them all

Goodbye, /boot

RE: Come 'beta test' my school project please? - kirby - 04-03-2014

lolwhat

I never asked if it was good, just if there were any glaringly obvious bugs. I know it sucks, that's why I'm not telling people to use it full time (I certainly don't, I'm sick of the sight of it).

If you're complaining about the thread here, I asked NeoTerra and he said it was cool.

RE: Come 'beta test' my school project please? - ajac - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 04:36 PM)kirby Wrote: lolwhat

I never asked if it was good, just if there were any glaringly obvious bugs. I know it sucks, that's why I'm not telling people to use it full time (I certainly don't, I'm sick of the sight of it).

If you're complaining about the thread here, I asked NeoTerra and he said it was cool.

i found it humorous that in your github readme you said you can delete files you hate (ha)

i think this thread is fine and i think your project looks quite good

RE: Come 'beta test' my school project please? - kirby - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 06:48 PM)ajac Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 04:36 PM)kirby Wrote: lolwhat

i found it humorous that in your github readme you said you can delete files you hate (ha)

i think this thread is fine and i think your project looks quite good

Fair enough, I'd forgotten I'd written that, thanks :)

RE: Come 'beta test' my school project please? - kirby - 05-03-2014

Big thanks to z3bra and venam, I've got more than enough to keep me busy with, thanks a lot guys.

I'll be accepting pull requests and all that once the project is submitted, so if anyone actually wants to use it (lol), then I'll hopefully still work on it and try to iron out any bugs that would take me too long before the hand-in date.

RE: Come 'beta test' my school project please? - gurhush - 07-03-2014

Looks interesting. I didn't install a file manager last time I did a nice reinstall, so I might actually genuinely look into using your file manager in every way I can to help you have some user/dev interaction.