nixers
What phone are you using? - Printable Version
+- nixers (https://nixers.net)
+-- Forum: Desktop Customization, Efficiency, and Aesthetics (https://nixers.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Hardware talk (https://nixers.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: What phone are you using? (/showthread.php?tid=1769)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What phone are you using? - dkeg - 23-09-2015

iPhone 5s. Work phone, and using as my main phone too. I did like the flexibility of Android more, but this works for now.

RE: What phone are you using? - venam - 24-09-2015

Very cheap Android on Lenovo hardware.
I would still be using my old Nokia if it wasn't for software development.

RE: What phone are you using? - kirby - 25-09-2015

Sony Experia T. It's pretty terrible but it does the job, I've never been a good adopter of phones, I'm always lagging years behind everyone else.

RE: What phone are you using? - venam - 25-09-2015

(25-09-2015, 06:05 AM)kirby Wrote: Sony Experia T. It's pretty terrible but it does the job, I've never been a good adopter of phones, I'm always lagging years behind everyone else.
I guess it's a good thing to not be the next sheep following the new phones that get out every 5 months or so.

RE: What phone are you using? - io86 - 25-09-2015

My N900 still works just fine and suits my needs. I bought another one for 30€ last year in case I need some parts. I hope it will last until neo900 comes out. If not I'll buy a jolla, probably.

RE: What phone are you using? - skrzyp - 27-09-2015

Previously, I had Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE which I sold 2 days ago, because I'm not satisfied with Android's PIM functionality, overheatig, overall decreassed performance every update, and so on. You know, "lagdroid" name is not only the words.

Currently, Nokia 3330 - it's actually an Nokia 3310 with expanded memory (4MB ROM and 512k RAM compared to 3310's 2MB ROM and 256k RAM)) and it deserves to its own thread, stay tuned :)

But I've ordered my dream phone today - Nokia E90. And it will arrive on Monday :3

RE: What phone are you using? - strang3quark - 27-09-2015

(27-09-2015, 12:36 AM)skrzyp Wrote: Currently, Nokia 3300 - it's actually an Nokia 3310 with expanded memory (4MB ROM and 512k RAM compared to 3310's 2MB ROM and 256k RAM)) and it deserves to its own thread, stay tuned :)
I think you are talking of 3330, I had one of those. It had animated "wallpapers", more games and WAP, it was cool back then.

RE: What phone are you using? - skrzyp - 27-09-2015

(27-09-2015, 09:18 AM)strang3quark Wrote: I think you are talking of 3330, I had one of those. It had animated "wallpapers", more games and WAP, it was cool back then.

Yes, it's 3330, just mistyped.
I've tried to estabilish WAP connection with active dial-up number, but it was unsuccessfull.
When I get my FBUS/MBUS cable back, I'll post something more about using DCT3 as developer platform.

RE: What phone are you using? - hades - 06-10-2016

In the past couple of years, I've went from the iPhone 4S (which I had used for, like, 3 years) to the OnePlus One to the Nexus 6 to the Galaxy S7.

I liked the Nexus 6 the best before the screen broke. Ended up getting a S7 because I wanted to go back to my old carrier and they wouldn't work with a Nexus.

I fucking love Android, but if the Galaxy S7 had been my first experience with it, I would have traded it back in for an iPhone right away. Samsung shits up Android so bad it's unreal. Not just Bloatware, but they shit up the UI too. It took me a week to get everything how I wanted it.

RE: What phone are you using? - Tmplt - 07-10-2016

I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 not so long ago to replace my dying HTC One m7. Got it cheap on AliExpress, but had it not been for the dumb fad of non-replaceable batteries, I'd still use the m7.

The phone has several issues, but most were fixed flashing Cyanogenmod on it (hell of a process, though...).
While I use Xprivacy, I still try to find open-source replacements on F-Droid.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to encrypt it; a bug I should probably report to Cyanogenmod.