building lemonbar for openbsd - Printable Version
+- nixers (https://nixers.net)
+-- Forum: Operating Systems (https://nixers.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: BSD (https://nixers.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: building lemonbar for openbsd (/showthread.php?tid=1828)
building lemonbar for openbsd - sth - 27-12-2015
Has anyone successfully built lemonbar for OpenBSD? If so, what modifications to the Makefile did you have to make to get it to compile?
RE: building lemonbar for openbsd - sulami - 27-12-2015
I assume you have used GNU make (`gmake`) as opposed to BSD make (`make`)? If so, I can fire up one of my OBSD boxes to do a quick test build.
RE: building lemonbar for openbsd - venam - 28-12-2015
This might be related, check it out.
I also remember that there are some trick with xcb libs on openbsd.
RE: building lemonbar for openbsd - z3bra - 28-12-2015
It might help if you could provide the error logs
RE: building lemonbar for openbsd - miromaro - 09-06-2016
It's actually quite easy to get it to compile, but it took me a while to figure out what the issue was at first. Here's what you have to do.
1. Install gmake, gcc, and git using pkg_add if you don't already have them. You may need to install xcb as well.
2. Clone the lemonbar repo.
3. Open the Makefile in your editor of choice.
4. Change gcc to egcc on the line where it says CC.
5. Add -I /usr/X11R6/include to the end of the line where it says CFLAGS.
6. Add -L /usr/X11R6/lib to the end of the line where it says LDFLAGS.
7. Under where it says install, change the paths so that the lemonbar executable goes in /usr/local/bin, and the man page goes in /usr/local/man.
8. Save and close the Makefile.
9. Run gmake install.
Hope this helps someone.
RE: building lemonbar for openbsd - cjm - 12-06-2016
^ Thanks this will help :-)