FOSDEM 2020 - Printable Version
+- nixers (https://nixers.net)
+-- Forum: General (https://nixers.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Community & Forums Related Discussions (https://nixers.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: FOSDEM 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=2291)
FOSDEM 2020 - venam - 02-01-2020
It's been a while since there was some activities on the forums, sorry about that life is getting a bit in the way lately.
This thread is about syncing up about nixers members going to FOSDEM that want to meet one another. As it'll be my first time there, and in Belgium I'm looking forward to it.
The schedule is extremely hectic and the best way I've found so far was to install the application, bookmark my favorite talks and then organize it such that none overlap.
So nixers, anyone going to FOSDEM?
RE: FOSDEM 2020 - z3bra - 03-01-2020
Unfortunately I won't make it this year. The timing for the week-end is too short for me…
RE: FOSDEM 2020 - josuah - 12-01-2020
I will try to make my way to FOSDEM 2020. I will not live my entire life at 3h to Brussels by bus... so I seize the opportunity.
Many people to meet, many tracks to go to... My guide to FOSDEM:
- Take a day off on monday: travelling and big events costs energy, that is hard to plan in advance.
- Choose the tracks you want to see live. Everything is recorded anyway.
- Take a notebook, or a not app. You'll likely discover stuff while talking to people.
- Revise your IPv6 a bit: It is an IPv6-only event (Cizco netwerks though).
- Lighting talks are fun! Make sure to review them as well.
- Keep time for walking around. There are always stands where people have interesting things to show.
- Have spare time? Brussels and neighborhood are really nice! There's a park near the university too.
- Feel bad for not coming this year? Guess what, there are a lot of FOSDEM to go in one's life (or do you die today?)
- Have a look at http://n-gate.com/fosdem/ and prepare to be trolled hard.
- If you have spare time to kill at the end, cleaning the rooms is a way to extend FOSDEM event by a few minutes. :)
Last but not least, have a good beer (or softdrink)!
RE: FOSDEM 2020 - venam - 13-01-2020
(12-01-2020, 08:04 PM)josuah Wrote: - Take a notebook, or a not app. You'll likely discover stuff while talking to people.That's something I hadn't considered, I'll be sure to bring one.
(12-01-2020, 08:04 PM)josuah Wrote: - Have spare time? Brussels and neighborhood are really nice! There's a park near the university too.We can stroll along if you're up to it.
RE: FOSDEM 2020 - eye - 17-01-2020
I'll be there too. 2nd time in a row.
Switchting rooms between talks can be sometimes really frustrating. You get too late to the new room or it's already full. plan ahead and have a plan B ready.