nixers
Future Moderator - Printable Version
+- nixers (https://nixers.net)
+-- Forum: General (https://nixers.net/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Community & Forums Related Discussions (https://nixers.net/Forum-Community-Forums-Related-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Future Moderator (/Thread-Future-Moderator)

Future Moderator - pyr0byte - 10-08-2013

Could I be a moderator please? I looked around but couldn't find anywhere to submit an application. I'm suitable for a moderator position because of my excellent communication and management skills. I was nearly allowed to be a moderator on another forum once, if that counts towards my cause. If an admin could just shoot me an email sometime, that'd be great—thanks.

Right, I also know some basic Unix commands like "echo", "netcat", "type", "cd", and "fork"...

I haven't used a forum in a long time. I used to love forums—joining forums, running forums, designing forums, imagining forums, you name it—maybe I still will enjoy forums. I don't want to bring up any grudges, but nobody would ever let me be a moderator. I can't figure out why, certainly not why anybody would pick Zamurick over me! I woulda moderated the hell outta that forum, too... I'm moderator material through and through. You've gotta believe me, serious as a shock-induced heart attack when I'm alone in the dark, scary, cold forest with nothing but my perpetual longing for the responsibility of a moderator position on a medium-sized forum of relevant interest... In the forest, hunting trolls and flamers (who pose a threat to a certain bear) and spammers and being so deeply alone with nothing but the century old anchors of lives so much more meaningful than my own. There is a creak, a rustle, one more forum to have my devices with, foreboding something unfulfilling, so satisfying—a forum following all the right distributions, a forum which I can surely call home and escape this dreary, freezing anathema of hell.

I'm tired, it's relatively late. Not trolling, dry humor. Been using *nix systems for a few years, programming for a few years—C, Java, PHP (revolting!), JavaScript which is not at all related to Java (if that gives me any credibility here seeing that it's a common misconception), poking around in a few other languages, which is really insignificant... Some web design, graphic design—Minecraft lately, a real killer. I also like to cook, read, and appreciate nature from behind a window.

I'm an elite hacker and I'm glad to meet you all.

EDIT: I take myself very seriously.

RE: Future Moderator - berk - 10-08-2013

Welcome to Unix Hub.

RE: Future Moderator - shtols - 10-08-2013

Well played sir, well played. Welcome.

RE: Future Moderator - yrmt - 10-08-2013

Hello and welcome, loved that intro :)

RE: Future Moderator - pyr0byte - 10-08-2013

Thanks, everyone.

(10-08-2013, 10:50 AM)theconjuring Wrote: Welcome to Unix Hub.

Your 69th post!

RE: Future Moderator - zygotb - 11-08-2013

REDACTED and welcome to Unix Hub!

RE: Future Moderator - gurhush - 11-08-2013

Probably one of the best intros I've read. Welcome to Unixhub.

RE: Future Moderator - pyr0byte - 12-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 11:48 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: You love dashes.

Welcome aboard! :)

Thanks—I do love dashes—em dashes, specifically.

(11-08-2013, 04:29 AM)shix Wrote: Do you know how to touch?

Absolutely.

(11-08-2013, 07:04 AM)zygotb Wrote: REDACTED and welcome to Unix Hub!

—

(11-08-2013, 11:27 AM)gurhush Wrote: Probably one of the best intros I've read. Welcome to Unixhub.

That means a lot, thanks.