Where to go from here? - Desktop Customization & Workflow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
[Image: HbrHRXP.png]

I like my current set up but can't help but feel there is more that can be done.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
You could probably change the default dwm colors
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
I've had a go.
[Image: ylgyGJD.png]
Colours are definitely my weakness
DotDev
Long time nixers
here this will help you with your color problem, just gotta play with it to get it perfect.
http://ciembor.github.io/4bit/
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
check this out :)
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
Saos
Long time nixers
(28-03-2014, 08:49 AM)z3bra Wrote: check this out :)

You're a saint.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Yes, this has to be the best ricing guide around.
Saos
Long time nixers
A complete guide would be cool. "Nixers Ricing 101" or something. This would be an awesome starting point.
Even the Arch Wiki doesn't go that far in depth.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
The problem is that ricing should go with general unix knowledge. We could host a podcast on Unix Introductions with a touch of ricing maybe ? :p
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
(28-03-2014, 09:54 AM)Saos Wrote: A complete guide would be cool. "Nixers Ricing 101" or something. This would be an awesome starting point.

I'm actually working on a 2nd article, that will complete this one. I'll be talking about shit like overlays, automating tasks and such. More "in-depth" customisations. But I think like there is not enough material to talk about. If you have any idea on the subjects subjects I could develop, that'd be cool :D
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
kirby
Long time nixers
I think one good area to learn a bit more about Linux is to start working on collecting information you want to display in the bar. I currently have currently playing song (but only if there is one), battery, volume, temperature, RAM and the time. Maybe you'd want more or less, but it's useful to work out how you'd collect this information, and process it so you only get what you really need (the numbers, basically).

Also the font.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
That's a good point ! I was planning to talk about that in the "overlay" part. But a whole point on fetching information would be better ! thank you !
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER