ranger + images + tmux - GNU/Linux

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
xero
Long time nixers
so i got ranger and w3m setup for image previews. but it doesn't work with tmux (which these days 99% of my term action happens there). i see lots of ranger love in nixer's scrots and wondered if any of you had hacks to make it work. there's a pr on github to make it "work" but people reported it misaligned and when i tried to compile it it crashed tmux for me.

anybody have it working?
pvtmert
Members
are you using framebuffer? then you can use some trick i think z3bra or somebody else from here found...
xero
Long time nixers
no. i'd love some more info about it...
rwzy
Members
xero
Long time nixers
if so, i have already read that article. w3m is the engine that ranger uses to draw image previews.
rwzy
Members
yeah i wanted pvtmert to clarify, in case z3bra found a new trick or something
angelicsedition
Registered
It may be a bit late to mention this, but image preview has been working with tmux since February 2014. Whatever PR you are referring to is probably old. The newest ranger "version" is very old (one in any official repos), but if you've installed the latest ranger on github (manually, from the aur, etc.), there should be no problem displaying images in tmux.
b4dtR1p
Members
many many tnks angelicsedition!
░ ░░▒░ ░ ░ ░ ▒ ░ ░▒ ▒░

░ ░ ░ ░ ░
xero
Long time nixers
@angelicsedition

THANX!!!! the ranger-git package from the aur worked perfectly!
zr0
Members
OK now Ranger image preview works ok on TMUX but why does not respect the borders, and if i comment the ( set preview_images true ) the ascii works fine and respect the borders. I want image to respect borders and resize perfect inside Ranger borders. I think im asking to much :(

Tmux + Ranger - ASCII
[Image: wRTt2m0.png]

Tmux + Ranger - W3M Image Preview :(
[Image: 7FO3NjF.png]
xero
Long time nixers
yup zr0, same thing here. in a single tmux pane it seems to be ok. but as soon as you split it, things get weird. we're getting there, better than nothing IMHO!
actionless
Registered
also, i tested with `xterm`, `urxvt` and `st` and it seems like it's working only in `xterm`
XcelQ
Members
i use tmux in xfce4-terminal. it works for my needs.
stephant
Members
Doesn't work w3imagedisplay on Gentoo with latest ranger-git, but ASCII images showed in terminal.
Tested under python 2.7 & 3.4.
venam
Administrators
(02-06-2016, 04:23 AM)stephant Wrote: Doesn't work w3imagedisplay on Gentoo with latest ranger-git, but ASCII images showed in terminal.
Tested under python 2.7 & 3.4.
You'll have to give more information than just "it doesn't work".
Try to join the support IRC for w3m if there is any.
stephant
Members
I mean the image not showed, probably i don't updated the old config file and thinkable the preview not work.