Poll: What shoul we do with the CSS
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep the dark theme we had 12 38.71%
Keep the current light theme 8 25.81%
Create more new themes and switch to them 11 35.48%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
Hello fellow nixers,

As you might have noticed I've changed the default theme to the light one, it was already available in your "User CP" under the "Edit Option".

Let's take a vote on this:
  • Keep the dark theme we had
  • Keep the current light theme
  • Create more new themes and switch to them

If you choose the last option please bump this thread with the theme you have no issue to use before the new theme is made.

Cheers!
Let the people speak!
sagittarius
Members
I do prefer the dark theme but I think that would be handy to be able to choose a different one on the fly.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I'd like more themes :) Currently using the light one, which is nice already
acg
Members
Forum's design is pretty good so i don't think trying different colors/themes may be a bad idea. (just let me still choose the dark theme)
argonaut · musician · developer · writer · https://www.betoissues.com
pranomostro
Long time nixers
I also prefer the light one-fits much better into the rest of my environment.

Cheers!
hozed
Registered
I'm in favor of the "new dark" theme myself. White backgrounds are uneasy on my eyes.
Adrift
Members
Same here. I feel like it has to be pretty off white for it to be at all remotely comfortable for my eyes, and they aren't even lightly colored. Though admittedly lighting is pretty dim usually.
strang3quark
Members
I've changed to new dark, I prefer dark themes.
josuah
Long time nixers
For saving the eyes, there are extensions like this that can somewhat take the dark theme back.

And as most pages on internet are white, having this always enabled makes them all dark, easy on the eyes as hozed said.

For other browsers, I think it can be done with some CSS snpippet.
venam
Administrators
(12-06-2016, 10:46 AM)sshbio Wrote: For saving the eyes, there are extensions like this that can somewhat take the dark theme back.

(10-06-2016, 04:38 AM)venam Wrote: As you might have noticed I've changed the default theme to the light one, it was already available in your "User CP" under the "Edit Option".
You can get back the dark theme by going through the same process, no need for an addon.
josuah
Long time nixers
(12-06-2016, 10:48 AM)venam Wrote: You can get back the dark theme by going through the same process, no need for an addon.

Oh, so the change is only for the default, sorry.

What an epoch to live, we can even rice nixers.net!
Mafia
Long time nixers
I don't really prefer either, I'll just use whatever is on at the time. A new theme would be cool but I don't think it's necessary.
Adrift
Members
(12-06-2016, 10:46 AM)sshbio Wrote: For other browsers, I think it can be done with some CSS snpippet.

I have a pretty extensive global css I've been working on for some time for just this reason. I'm not great at it, but saves my already poor eyesight. Unfortunately dark reader causes odd coloration, though it's a better extension than the ones I've tried for firefux admittedly.
jkl
Long time nixers
Meh. Too bright.

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
venam
Administrators
I think it's starting to get clear.
For the moment I'll put back the dark theme as the default one and we'll start a thread about the new theme creation.

Thanks for everyone that voted.
Laserswald
Members
I like it, honestly, but others have shown that they don't. We should probably allow them to wallow in their insecurity and no doubt depression, as this is a free forum.

/s

Actually, what would be cool would be a system to customize how the entire thing looks from the User CP, for those of us too lazy to make our own themes.
venam
Administrators
(15-06-2016, 02:45 PM)Laserswald Wrote: Actually, what would be cool would be a system to customize how the entire thing looks from the User CP, for those of us too lazy to make our own themes.

Read previous Q&A:

(12-06-2016, 02:58 PM)sshbio Wrote:
Quote:You can get back the dark theme by going through the same process, no need for an addon.
Oh, so the change is only for the default, sorry.
What an epoch to live, we can even rice nixers.net!

It's already like that, see the first post of this thread.

The polling is only for the "default" theme.