Post stuff that you've made with GIMP - Unix Related Arts & Image Manipulation Software

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
deadgone
Long time nixers
Just a little logo that I made for a project that I will prob never finish:

[Image: dlve.png]
D9u
Long time nixers
I've fooled with some lame animations, the spinning globe, etc, but since my laptop died and I failed to backup to the cloud they're temporarily inaccessible to me.

Here's an old lame signature image from my old HF account:

[Image: dynsig2.jpg]
BSD is what you get when a bunch of Unix hackers sit down to try to port a Unix system to the PC.
Linux is what you get when a bunch of PC hackers sit down and try to write a Unix system for the PC.
gurhush
Long time nixers
Is GIMP really even close to photoshop as far as usability? Could it be used to make decent graphical images and forum signatures and the like? I've used photoshop, and have certification for CS4 and CS5, but I've never really done anything aside from making a collage of logos with a transparent background or a quick logo as far as GIMP is concerned.
Mafia
Long time nixers
I remember when I did tags, good times:
All are with GIMP but maybe the first smudge and the large art. I use to be know as the GIMP Guru, although all of these are very old crap.

These are all mine

Examples:

[Image: smudgedraft.png]

[Image: wiztag.png]

[Image: Love.png]

[Image: angel.png]

[Image: rainfalls.png]

[align=center][Image: Peak.png]

[align=center][Image: DiwM7.png]

[Image: Dkm22.png]

[Image: magesig.png]

[Image: magesig.png]

[Image: snakesignature11.png]

[Image: Greenchick.png]
]

[Image: my778.png]

[Image: Nt5hm.png]

[Image: Q9Ffn.png]

MyyBB code is screwed up from the copy and paste, I was previously know as -NA.Hue/Amnesia.
NA was fun.
D9u
Long time nixers
Awesome artwork @ Mafia.
I'm more 'autistic' than 'artistic.'
BSD is what you get when a bunch of Unix hackers sit down to try to port a Unix system to the PC.
Linux is what you get when a bunch of PC hackers sit down and try to write a Unix system for the PC.
crshd
Registered
(08-09-2012, 03:48 PM)gurhush Wrote: Is GIMP really even close to photoshop as far as usability? Could it be used to make decent graphical images and forum signatures and the like? I've used photoshop, and have certification for CS4 and CS5, but I've never really done anything aside from making a collage of logos with a transparent background or a quick logo as far as GIMP is concerned.

Gimp isn't even close to PS when it comes to functionality and usability, despite what many OSS freaks might try to tell you.

Don't get me wrong, Gimp is great software, and it's amazing that a bunch of people hack something like that in their free time. It's more than enough most people ever need, I use it myself all the time. But obviously it's not going to compare "well" to a commercial product that costs a couple of 100 bucks.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

deadgone
Long time nixers
Sig that I just made:

[Image: gzV0q.png]
zygotb
Long time nixers
Here's something I plagiarized because I have absolutely no artistic talent whatsoever.

[Image: L1doQ.jpg]
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
venam
Administrators
Oh! This sig is horrid ... lol, I'll do something on paper scan it and redo it on comp.
Mafia
Long time nixers
I think we can all agree I owned this thread...
jk
venam
Administrators
I scanned it and redid it on GIMP:
[Image: unixhub.png]
OpenSource
Members
(19-10-2012, 11:25 AM)venam Wrote: I scanned it and redid it on GIMP:
[Image: vfy.png]

Image is Broken D:
venam
Administrators
I updated the image.... I'm beginning to be pissed of by upload site that delete my content over and over again.
zygotb
Long time nixers
Here's another of my autistic designs. GIMP-Fu!
[Image: yVUYC.gif]
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!