Contact information updates - Off topic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Hello everyone!

Just a quick thread to inform you that I finally have my OWN email address, and mailing-list.
From now on, please use "contact@z3bra.org" to contact me directly, and use the "dev@z3bra.org" mailing list for anything related to the programs I maintain (subscription requiered).

Thanks!

HINT: I have the rocket jumping sarge, xero has the doom red.key !
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
pranomostro
Long time nixers
Walterruiz looks like either a troll or (more likely) a bot. Has this forum come so far?!

Are we now important enough to be bothered with this kind of bullshit?
josuah
Long time nixers
Beware Walterrruiz, we could use The Force
venam
Administrators
(10-10-2016, 08:35 AM)z3bra Wrote: Just a quick thread to inform you that I finally have my OWN email address
What a coincidence, I'm also in the same process.
How do you deal with changing your contact email in all the different places?
I found it helpful to keep a list of all the services you are using.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I updated all references to my new email address on my website. When people send me emails, I put my new address in copy. I'm also considering adding a "Reply-to" header by default in all my emails, but as I'll keep using my old address as well (for personnal threads with family and such, I'm not sure it's a good idea). I'll probably setup a keybind in mutt to add the reply-to header easily.
jkl
Long time nixers
I found it sufficient to just not include my e-mail address in my source code. People can always reach out via the Bitbucket PM system or wherever I store the particular code. :)

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
As I host my code myself, the only way people have to reach me is the one I provide them.
jkl
Long time nixers
Ah, I just found your web VCS. What is this system? It looks beautiful. :-)

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
That's stagit. It generates the content statically, making it lighter and faster to browse.
jkl
Long time nixers
Static websites are awesome. I wonder if there is something like that for better VCS systems too. Thank you, bookmarked.

--
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
"better VCS". Nice trolling there :)
jkl
Long time nixers
It's not. I deliberately stay away from the horrible Git.

--
acg
Members
Hating GitHub just went a step higher to "horrible Git"
argonaut · musician · developer · writer · https://www.betoissues.com
jkl
Long time nixers
GitHub is horrible for other reasons than the Git software.

--
josuah
Long time nixers
(16-12-2016, 01:00 AM)venam Wrote: How do you deal with changing your contact email in all the different places?

grep -r oldmail "$HOME" ?