Python For Android! - Android & Iphone

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FreeBSD
Long time nixers
Hi this is going to be a quick thread because I'm on my phone,

So in case people haven't seen this yet with an app called Kivy you can make and run python applications on your phone!

Just search it up on Google play!
I do Byte
D9u
Long time nixers
Cool!

There's another called PythonAnywhere, but it's not compatible with my crap phone.
I'll be giving Kivy a try.

Thanks for the share!
BSD is what you get when a bunch of Unix hackers sit down to try to port a Unix system to the PC.
Linux is what you get when a bunch of PC hackers sit down and try to write a Unix system for the PC.
pac
Members
And there is another one. SL4A! Scripting languages for android! :D Their google code site.
Jayro
Long time nixers
Seeing as Android is based on the Linux kernel, you can install the real Python package on your phone. There is an app for rooted phones called Bot Brew which is essentially a package manager for your phone. You can use it to install Linux apps that have been ported to the phones architecture. For example, Nmap, tcpdump, python, perl, etc. You can then install a terminal emulator on your phone and go from there.
FreeBSD
Long time nixers
(06-09-2012, 12:40 PM)Jayro Wrote: Seeing as Android is based on the Linux kernel, you can install the real Python package on your phone. There is an app for rooted phones called Bot Brew which is essentially a package manager for your phone. You can use it to install Linux apps that have been ported to the phones architecture. For example, Nmap, tcpdump, python, perl, etc. You can then install a terminal emulator on your phone and go from there.

Ya I use brew not for nmap which is very fun
I do Byte