Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
tw0
Members
[Image: jHzrnV.png]

hello everyone!
finally i have time for my projects and some platforms like here.

lil' info about me:
im mostly interested in programming (specially low-level), embedded systems,
UNIX, mathematics, physics, machine and deep learning etc.

i dont understand most of them but i like reading.. so yeah.

i started making my own ascii/ansi things last night and i did 2 shitty arts (including banner on top).
the 2nd one is portal (game) logo ascii to ansi transition gif-ish thing:

[Image: AuSXCs.gif]
pkal
Long time nixers
Hi, welcome to nixers! If you ask me, you've really got something going with those examples. I can't bother do do more than a emotion.

Do you ever use these svg/png->ascii/unicode converters? Or are you the type that insists on doing everything by "hand"?

P.S. nice to see another person using void. It's an often underrated distro.
evbo
Members
Welcome to nixers!

Void is easily my favorite Linux distro. If I wasn't wholly committed to running OpenBSD on everything, I'd definitely use Void on my workstation.

Pretty rad ansi art. I've been wanting to learn how to make custom ansi tiles for my roguelike but that whole "zero artistic talent" thing keeps getting in the way
tw0
Members
(23-01-2018, 08:22 PM)zge Wrote: Hi, welcome to nixers! If you ask me, you've really got something going with those examples. I can't bother do do more than a emotion.

Do you ever use these svg/png->ascii/unicode converters? Or are you the type that insists on doing everything by "hand"?

P.S. nice to see another person using void. It's an often underrated distro.

hello and thank you! neither actually, i love using tools that i wrote tho.
for example, i didnt make the ascii logo. its in game:

[Image: 3493972755_678cd9ed4e.jpg]

all i did was convert that to ansi by character brightness.
then *slowly* converted from ascii to ansi with small python script that i wrote.

agreed. im using bspwm+void setup for about 6 months and just love it.

(23-01-2018, 09:07 PM)evbo Wrote: Welcome to nixers!

Void is easily my favorite Linux distro. If I wasn't wholly committed to running OpenBSD on everything, I'd definitely use Void on my workstation.

Pretty rad ansi art. I've been wanting to learn how to make custom ansi tiles for my roguelike but that whole "zero artistic talent" thing keeps getting in the way

Hi!
I tried FreeBSD long time ago and quite liked it. they're good about security and stuff.
thanks! i just started last night.. so im new to this. my suggestion is that save thoughts for later, just type it..
(at least thats what guides says)
venam
Administrators
hello tw0, welcome to nixers.
I love ascii art too and your intro was one of the coolest I've seen so far.
tw0
Members
(24-01-2018, 04:20 PM)venam Wrote: hello tw0, welcome to nixers.
I love ascii art too and your intro was one of the coolest I've seen so far.

thank you! I didn't even expect people to like it.
I love your ascii-bots by the way, I hope someday I can make something like that too.
apk
Long time nixers
oh man wait till u meet xero my dude
xero
Long time nixers
hey man.
i actually saw that animated portal logo on twitter the other day (16c or maxmouse RT'ed you i think). cool stuff.

how to get better? like anything else, practice makes perfect. if you want "real respect" from the {ascii,ansi} community at large you need to draw by hand. i learned the hard way, that using tools (even if you made them yourself) is frowned upon. i suggest you visit https://textmod.es and study the masters. there's lots to be leaned in the art world that way. beyond that, just keep drawing! if you've not yet checked out pablodraw i suggest you give it a go (you'll need mono for it to work on loonix).

(24-01-2018, 08:43 PM)apk Wrote: oh man wait till u meet xero my dude

dun dun daaaah!

Quote:welcome to nixers
josuah
Long time nixers
You sure know how to make a good impression, that is something!

Welcome aboard.

P.S: make sure to have a look at the ASCII art threads.

https://nixers.net/showthread.php?tid=1849
tw0
Members
(25-01-2018, 04:37 PM)xero Wrote: hey man.
i actually saw that animated portal logo on twitter the other day (16c or maxmouse RT'ed you i think). cool stuff.

how to get better? like anything else, practice makes perfect. if you want "real respect" from the {ascii,ansi} community at large you need to draw by hand. i learned the hard way, that using tools (even if you made them yourself) is frowned upon. i suggest you visit https://textmod.es and study the masters. there's lots to be leaned in the art world that way. beyond that, just keep drawing! if you've not yet checked out pablodraw i suggest you give it a go (you'll need mono for it to work on loonix).

(24-01-2018, 08:43 PM)apk Wrote: oh man wait till u meet xero my dude

dun dun daaaah!

Quote:welcome to nixers

thank you! I checked textmod.es and it's awesome.
what i meant by "my tools" is not something like pablodraw. they just do simple stuff like make an animation or change brightness of characters..
thanks for suggestions, I'll practice every weekend.

(26-01-2018, 05:47 AM)josuah Wrote: You sure know how to make a good impression, that is something!

Welcome aboard.

P.S: make sure to have a look at the ASCII art threads.

https://nixers.net/showthread.php?tid=1849

thank you! I already checked them out & "studied".