Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pfr
Nixers
Hi everyone. I was told to come here because I have an unhealthy obsession with tweaking my OS .. I was also told that nixers was dead these days but I'm here to check for myself. I tend to like quiet places on the internet anyway.

My Bio says who I am, but why am I here..? To talk shit with like-minded people and hopefully learn a thing or two. I don't consider myself very knowledgeable of *nix systems, I just pick things up as I go, often with the help of other friendly people on the net.

Currently I use BSD & Linux but I'm keen to learn more about other operating systems such as 9front and sculptOS

I hope you are all staying safe out there.
Cheers
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)
jkl
Long time nixers
Welcome to nixers. I had not seen sculptOS before, but 9front seems to have quite some fans here. Rightfully so!

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
venam
Administrators
Hello Ramiferous, welcome to the forums.

You'll like how we dig into OSes too.
pfr
Nixers
(20-07-2020, 04:01 AM)jkl Wrote: Welcome to nixers. I had not seen sculptOS before, but 9front seems to have quite some fans here. Rightfully so!
Yeah, I am hoping to meet some people who use 9front to hopefully get some pointers. I'd love run it on an SBC of some description if its possible.
sculptOS is new to me as well, but I like what I see (I just don't quite understand it yet!)

(20-07-2020, 04:31 AM)venam Wrote: Hello Ramiferous, welcome to the forums.

You'll like how we dig into OSes too.

I'm glad to see the forum still somewhat active. I've noticed plenty of recent introduction posts but not much else. I'll start with a few posts and see who bites!

I'm fan of your work venam and enjoy reading your blog ;) I've also seen that z3bra's still active on here too which is encouraging!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)
wolf
Members
(20-07-2020, 02:29 AM)Ramiferous Wrote: Currently I use BSD & Linux but I'm keen to learn more about other operating systems such as 9front and sculptOS

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRC5MwpOkH1qNtKfDKJi...g&usqp=CAU]
seninha
Long time nixers
Hello, Ramiferous!
Welcome to Nixers!

I like that Terry pic, lol.
pfr
Nixers
(23-07-2020, 06:04 AM)wolf Wrote:
(20-07-2020, 02:29 AM)Ramiferous Wrote: Currently I use BSD & Linux but I'm keen to learn more about other operating systems such as 9front and sculptOS

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRC5MwpOkH1qNtKfDKJi...g&usqp=CAU]

haha YEAH! obscure operating systems are sweet!

(23-07-2020, 07:59 AM)phillbush Wrote: Hello, Ramiferous!
Welcome to Nixers!

I like that Terry pic, lol.

Cheers phillbush! And yeah, I've got this picture on a coffee mug next to the TempleOS logo. He was on another level. RIP Terry.
neeasade
Grey Hair Nixers
digorno to nixers, Ramiferous
freem
Nixers
(20-07-2020, 09:00 PM)Ramiferous Wrote: I'm glad to see the forum still somewhat active. I've noticed plenty of recent introduction posts but not much else. I'll start with a few posts and see who bites!

well, few weeks ago, the forums were close to be closed (I joined near that moment, so I don't know details) but luckily it was not done.
I'm eager to see your threads.

PS: you might join IRC, it's more active than forums while still not too noisy.
pfr
Nixers
(04-09-2020, 04:53 PM)freem Wrote: well, few weeks ago, the forums were close to be closed (I joined near that moment, so I don't know details) but luckily it was not done.
I'm eager to see your threads.

PS: you might join IRC, it's more active than forums while still not too noisy.

Yeah, I was surprised when the forums closed. I'm glad they're open again. And I do stop by the irc every now and then. See you there :)