Yet another self-introduction - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
yakumo.izuru
Members
Hi all, I'm a currently 20 year old hobbyist roaming around the 'net often found as novaburst (not the only one though).

I've been running a variety of linux distros since mid-2018 until late 2021 when I switched to FreeBSD on my main computer (I have 5, lol) and I'm mostly learning sysadmin by myself, along with other non-tech things as well (e.g. languages).

As for programming, I don't do any real software development however I maintain a bunch of repositories (half of them are personal forks of existing projects) but I try to learn Golang and OCaml, kind of.

I think that's all by now as I'm just bad when it comes to introductions.
Code:
_                _            ,                                
(_|   |_/o       | |          /|   |                      o    
  |   |      __  | |  _ _|_    |___|  _   ,_    _  _  _     _|_
  |   |  |  /  \_|/  |/  |     |   |\|/  /  |  / |/ |/ |  |  |  
   \_/   |_/\__/ |__/|__/|_/   |   |/|__/   |_/  |  |  |_/|_/|_/
~Izuru Yakumo
Shrek
Members
I think your introduction was good. How are you liking FreeBSD compared to Linux?
seninha
Long time nixers
Welcome, akoizumi!

You can also join #nixers on irc, at libera.chat, the channel is very active.
I really like your home page! And I just followed your blog's feed.
Keep us in touch in your blog about the progress in your programming skills!
venam
Administrators
Welcome to nixers!

That's a lot of machines, are you using them all, on a home network?
yakumo.izuru
Members
(20-04-2022, 09:20 AM)venam Wrote: That's a lot of machines, are you using them all, on a home network?
at most I'm using only two, one for desktop, the other is the hardly-working raspberry pi laptop which was supposed to be a server.
josuah
Long time nixers
(20-04-2022, 04:38 PM)akoizumi Wrote: hardly-working raspberry pi
these damn beasts never do what we tell them to huh?

Welcome aboard!

(18-04-2022, 11:15 AM)akoizumi Wrote: I think that's all by now as I'm just bad when it comes to introductions.

What matters here is you like to have fun with *nix systems. :)

(18-04-2022, 11:15 AM)akoizumi Wrote: Golang and OCaml

While I was at university, we heard a lot about OCaml. Probably because an inria building was 50 meters from the cafeteria (the most sacred place in an university)...

I am often surprised by the nice things I encounter on these forums, hope you find some good surprises too.