UH Imageboard? - Off topic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I was having fun with imageboards:

[Image: O2N]

I was thinking that it could be fun to have completely off topic sections like food, arts, bikes, anything and still not make the forum full of random stuff.

Anyone interested?
jolia
Long time nixers
I think it's nice idea Beastie!

Let's do it :)
Jayro
Long time nixers
I do not see the need for an image board when we have this forum. Maybe I am missing something?
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
The imageboard would be used for non tech discussions. I don't to talk about vegetables on the forum :D
gurhush
Long time nixers
How about just a general 'anything goes,' imageboard? Of course, complementary greyscale theme.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Yeah it would look like the forum. Having only one board is a great idea ;)
Jayro
Long time nixers
(24-09-2012, 09:02 AM)Beastie Wrote: The imageboard would be used for non tech discussions. I don't to talk about vegetables on the forum :D

I like the idea! I think it should be integrated into the forums pre-existing navigation though. Instead of having it be another site entirely.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
that should be pretty easy, just check tinyboard's code, [here](http://tinyboard.org/)
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Tell me why this is a bad idea?
gurhush
Long time nixers
I actually agree with NeoTerra. From my experience administrating forums in the past, if I added too many things to tear members into obscure things, some forum features end up getting used more than the main part of the forums themself. I remember several times having to delete staff forums because all of my staff were talking a decent amount in staff forums but not at all, and they were extremely offtopic - using it as another board or what have you. If we add another board, it might result in even less activity in the main forums if we'll be split between IRC, imageboard, and forums.

I think it would be a great idea in the future, though.