Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Lith
Long time nixers
Ni hao (hello) coders i came across this forum by accident but it's awesome 'very coding like' loving the grey layout etc, anyway thought i'll sign up and hope this forum takes off? i assume it's new 'July' was when you guys made it correct ? hehe anyway awesome forum!

oh and here some info about me,

Name: Lith

Nationality: British (But live in china) (im not Chinese remember this lol)

Skills: knows the windows server system very well (2003) also some flavours of Linux Fedora/Debian/ubuntu/redhat some HTML and tiny perl knowledge lol.

- but my main reason to sign up here is to fully understand and learn 'openbsd' if any of you guys are willing to help? i don't know it very well but i have tested it in the past i just want to learn more and understand it's structure if that's ok? (sound like a right newb me) lol

Also anyone recommend the 'best books' for openbsd ?

my plans for my openbsd is to set up ftp apache etc install perl install a windows manager the lightest one and so forth.

'Note' i have to use a VPN to access you're forum seems china banned it lmao so if you check my ip it won't be chinese xD

Hope this forum lasts

Laters ~
venam
Administrators
Wow, we knew that in this season the forum will become popular. smilley
Welcome in.
Be aware that most of us live abroad; I don't know if it's a particularity of the *nix society.
Don't forget to join us on the IRC
Lith
Long time nixers
Hey thank's for the reply, i will be posting a lot of threads (bsd related) hope it doesn't cause a fuss i need answers and a lot of help i want to dwell away from 'linux' need to get back in the game and unix is the way to go right? :-(

Yes i assume most of the members here are americans/canadians? any british ? xD

IRC? sure anytime fella, thank's for the reply.

~lith
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Hello Lith, you are more than welcome and don't worry about asking BSD related help here :)
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Also, most people here are form northern europe ;)
TheHotBot
Long time nixers
(18-12-2012, 07:08 AM)Lith Wrote: Yes i assume most of the members here are americans/canadians? any british ? xD

~lith

Sweden here :)
and welcome!
"TheHotBot" Aka NeverW8!

I can be seen on the IRC from time to time :)
Lith
Long time nixers
Thank's Man !!!!
zygotb
Long time nixers
Aloha from Hawai'i.
Ask as many questions as you like.
That way I can learn with you.
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
crshd
Registered
Lei Ho!

Finally some people from around asia here, I was feeling lonely...

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Lith
Long time nixers
(20-12-2012, 08:33 AM)crshd Wrote: Lei Ho!

Finally some people from around asia here, I was feeling lonely...

You said im very pretty and beautiful ? LOL

Thats Cantonese man not Mandarin :P

hehe
crshd
Registered
Hehe, I know. My Chinese is very limited, and the few things I do know are mostly Cantonese.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Test-Run
Members
Welcome Lith to UnixHub.
I hope you'll have a lovely time here.

Test-Run
Robby
Long time nixers
I'm British too! Welsh to be exact. Great to have you here, do hope you enjoy your stay.
Lith
Long time nixers
Welsh/Scottish/English same fucking thing to me xD

All from the UK HEHE.
Robby
Long time nixers
(24-12-2012, 12:38 PM)Lith Wrote: Welsh/Scottish/English same fucking thing to me xD

All from the UK HEHE.

Well we can't confuse Welsh with the English or Scottish etc it's impossible to not notice, I mean we have the sexy accent? ;)
Lith
Long time nixers
lol that's the only way to tell.