Help with CWM - Android & Iphone

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mafia
Long time nixers
So I've rooted me device, installed ROM manager, ClockworkMod, and CM7.
I have my backups in place, and everything ready to go. All I have left to do is boot into CWM, flash and install the custom ROM...the problem is CWM won't fucking boot. It took me 4 damn hours to set this up and I am on my final step and I can't complete it, im pissed. The phone I am doing this on is a Hauwei Ascend, it's quite old(Android 2.1) but it was widely supported during it's time so I have tons of information. My key problem is booting CWM, any ides?
Mafia
Long time nixers
(05-05-2013, 12:24 AM)NeoTerra Wrote: I have no experience in this area :/

Don't reply then noob.
:}
itched
Registered
You said you have rom manager. I haven't used rom manager for a while, but it used to have a "reboot into recovery" option. You could try that. I'm not super familiar with the Hauwei Ascend. Mainly HTC, Samsung & LG devices for me.

Try that option, if that still doesn't work, try goo manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...wsMSwyLDNd

That'll download & flash, like rom manager will, a recovery for your device.
Mafia
Long time nixers
The Ascend had a glitch to where it never updated to google play, therefore I am still using the old android market and have only got a small portion of the available apps that are on Google Play today, therefore I have to use rom manager(Being that the market I have only displays this when I type in "Android ROMs"). The point of me doing this is to get google play. I tried that option first, and then tried it manually. It just hangs at the splash screen.
Mafia
Long time nixers
Fixed it, Im running CM7, it's amazing(being that it's super super outdated).