Dream keyboard? - Hardware talk

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Hey guys! What's your dream keybord?

mine would be a hhkb size and topre with metal casing, no branding and this layout(modified hhkb)

[Image: ASk]
dunz0r
Members
Hmm... I think a tenkeyless with CherryMX Brown switches in a black titanium case, buffed titanium ofc. No branding and very discrete LEDs.
European layout on the keys.
And a USB-hub built in. Got that on my Das now, never getting another keyboard without a USB-hub.
engraze
Members
Filco Majestouch Ninja with cherry mx blues (sadly, it's only avaliable in browns).

Currently have a replica of a normal Majestouch tkl (hpe 87).
Ippytraxx
Members
Optimus Maximus

Fuck yearh mechanical thingamajigs (holy fuck thingamajigs is an actual word in the English dictionary, I always thought it was slang).

Currently own a 7g with blacks, built like a aircraft carrier that has an armoured C130 Hercules inside carrying a Abrams tank driven by a person in full kevlar.

Wouldn't mind a Noppoo choc mini or Keycool 84, actually any 75%-80% keyboard to be realistic.
jolia
Long time nixers
Just got mine :D

I chose the Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless blank. It's fucking wicked and it's my first mechanical one!

Gonna take a shot of my battlestation ;)

Cheerz
crshd
Registered
KBT Pure with an improved layout (I like the 60%, but some things look like a PITA to reach, e.g. arrow keys), aluminum case, PBT doubleshots on MX Blues.

Sounds like a great idea.
tbuck153
Members
(02-06-2013, 12:03 AM)crshd Wrote: KBT Pure with an improved layout (I like the 60%, but some things look like a PITA to reach, e.g. arrow keys), aluminum case, PBT doubleshots on MX Blues.

Sounds like a great idea.
What crshd said except a KBC Poker II. The Pure's layout definitely takes getting used to.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
The best 60% layout is the hhkb imo
berk
Long time nixers
Just a HHKB. :(
dcoppa
Members
HHKB or a good ol' Model M
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
(05-07-2013, 07:09 AM)dcoppa Wrote: HHKB or a good ol' Model M

Excellent choice.

[Image: zcX]
Drooid
Members
I'd love a Guruboard
;_;
Okeg
Long time nixers
I'm building my dream board ATM.
A chording keyboard shaped like the datahand. Imagine an improved datahand.
Aside from that;
Dream not chording keyboard; A modded symbolics keyboard(modded from flatboard into a datahand) on a soon to be mine 3620.
The space cadet. It's beautiful.

*Hides from youri* I WON'T PROGRAM THE DRIVERS! IS SWEAR!
jobss
Long time nixers
I'd love to have the Star Wars gaming keyboard or a Minebea Leaf.
The world is quaking from our Linux Thoughts!
Hans Hackett
Members
:-) supposed to be HHKB or a Model M.

Ps But the way, Model M looks like a tank for me
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
It is a tank!
xero
Long time nixers
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
I have just built an ergodox it is incredible.
laydros
Registered
I got a Poker II and it has made me largely give up on the HHKB, which I used to think would be my Dream. But the feel on the Poker II was great. Some combination of the PBT keycaps and the baseplate I guess.

I love my Code keyboard for its layout and features, but the clears are a little stiff, and it doesn't have the feel of the Poker II. They nailed the backlighting, function keys, and keycap layout to work with backlighting.

So my dream KB is a WASD Code Keyboard, but with MX Blue, PBT keycaps and backplate that feel like the Poker II, and keeping the Code Keyboard legends.

Things I haven't tried that might be better - Topre switches, and the Ergodox layout.

And I have read where people don't like the Poker II, but do like the HHKB, so it still might be my ultimate keyboard.
exp0sure
Long time nixers
I have a poker II that I like, but it seems like a HHKB would be a great idea too.
strang3quark
Members
I have 2 of these beauty's:
http://i.imgur.com/a4n1RJO.jpg

Cherry G80-3000 with MX Black, I've "made" a ps2 to usb converter with an Arduino Leonardo Nano + tmk firmware, works really well.
enephst
Members
Poker II with cherry mx blues
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
(04-07-2015, 04:25 PM)strang3quark Wrote: I have 2 of these beauty's:
http://i.imgur.com/a4n1RJO.jpg

Cherry G80-3000 with MX Black, I've "made" a ps2 to usb converter with an Arduino Leonardo Nano + tmk firmware, works really well.
I love the design of the g80-3000 but I don't like iso. But that still looks great.
Wildefyr
Long time nixers
https://u.teknik.io/RZfYs6.jpg

Poker 3, with blank pbt's. It's not the backlight version but its an absolutely fantastic board. People have mentioned the lack of media keys, but with mpd I'd never know the difference :p
jobss
Long time nixers
A glass multi-touch keyboard for me please.

There are a lot of nice Korean made Poker 3 look a likes that are on sale for around $500.
xero
Long time nixers
so much ergodox. i just keep missing the kits on massdrop :S
apk
Long time nixers
The Unicomp isn't too shabby tbh
Ahh yes... the Unicomp is a beast
Houseoftea
Long time nixers
I need to do more research but the pok3r looks nice, with some blues or browns
pranomostro
Long time nixers
A symetric keyboard with NKRO,
60% layout (or a custom layout, I have already made some sketches),
matrix-like symetric layout (not typematrix), blank keycaps, middle row
with enter, space, tab and some other keys.

Something like http://www.humblehacker.com/keyboard/, but with less keys.

Yes, I am _very_ picky about how my optimal keyboard should look like :P