Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ne0phyte
Members
Hey,

I'm 20 years old, from Germany and in real life people call me Felix. Online I go under the name ne0phyte. That's a lower case n and a zero - if you mistake that for N and/or O you may want to change your font :P

I used to try various Linux distributions all the time but never kept using one for a longer time and/or as main OS. As someone whos gaming a lot I always went back to Windows.
After Valve announced and released the Steam beta client for Linux I installed Arch (~8 months ago) and sticked to it. I'm now running Arch on my ThinkPad and on my desktop.
But I still have a Windows on my desktop for games.
I chose Arch because I liked the idea of installing everything from the ground up and being forced to learn how to configure everything. (Unlike *buntu where you get tons of things you may never need installed.)

The more I learn about Linux (configuration, tools, APIs/libs) and get into various core tools the more it feels like a huge sandbox and I love that. Oh and I finally started learning C/C++ (I'm most proficient in Java SE/EE).

I'm also into mechanical keyboards - this is how I got here in the first place. Phyrne asked me on Deskthority.net to join you on unixhub.net :)

That's it for now!
jobss
Long time nixers
Hello and welcome!

If you really really want to build things from the ground up I would recommend LFS :3
The world is quaking from our Linux Thoughts!
Phyrne
Long time nixers
Wahoo! Glad to have you aboard ne0phyte, welcome :)
ne0phyte
Members
Thanks!

(03-10-2013, 10:56 AM)jobss Wrote: Hello and welcome!

If you really really want to build things from the ground up I would recommend LFS :3

I think I looked into LFS a long time ago (and failed back then).
So far I am quite happy with Arch and I have everything to my liking :P
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Welcome! We have the same keyboard!
ne0phyte
Members
(03-10-2013, 04:03 PM)shix Wrote: Welcome. It's always nice to have new members. Hop onto irc!
I was in #unixhub before I registered here :)
shtols
Long time nixers
Mein diaper ist poopy!

(Don't mind me. Posting random stuff senselessly is my speciality. Hello & Welcome here!)
venam
Administrators
Welcome, I like your toast avatar.
nrmc.dubz
Long time nixers
Welcome on UnixHub, ne0phyte. Sieg Heil
SpongeboZZ; Bikini Bottom Mafia/
You're cock-sucker, bitch/ silence while godfathers speech/
yeah/ da plancton in muh blunt/ gangster squarepants witha gun/
Sponge iz the bozz in da buiz/ you're creating silly trash/
i'm creating hollywood shit/
berk
Long time nixers
Wilkommen zu UnixHub, NeOphyte :D
srp
Long time nixers
Yay another Java dev! Welcome to UnixHub. Great intro thread, btw.
~Seraphim R.P.
the artistnixer formerly known as vypr formerly known as sticky
ne0phyte
Members
(04-10-2013, 09:41 AM)Neuromatic Wrote: Welcome on UnixHub, ne0phyte. Sieg Heil
Sieg Heil to you, too. (Seriously what's wrong with people thinkin' Germany = all Nazis?)

(04-10-2013, 10:09 AM)berk Wrote: Wilkommen zu UnixHub, NeOphyte :D
May you burn with the fire of a thousand suns >:|
shtols
Long time nixers
Quote:Sieg Heil to you, too. (Seriously what's wrong with people thinkin' Germany = all Nazis?)
Heil Shalom! (Nobody in here believes all German are fascists, racists or neo-nazis. Our humor is just .. quite offensive. :3)