Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ichiban
Long time nixers
(30-01-2014, 02:53 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: My question to you is: do you solve your "world problem" with Libertarianism, or Communism?

That depends on what you interpret Libertarianism to be. It is a very broad field of political belief - there were even 'Libertarian' Communists (see Peter Kropotkin). I personally think to solve the "world problem" I see, as you put it, that a decentralization, as many Anarchist Communists believed, is necessary, but do I think that we must resort to a basic direct democracy, devoid of all governing bodies, with only personal contracts to regulate the world? No, I think that we do need Libertarianism fundamentals, however. The purpose of the government should not be anywhere near what it is now - basic regulation of borders and international affairs, such as health care, scientific research, collecting justifiable taxes (another subject altogether, that I will probably discuss in detail later), and maintaining as well as promoting environmental preservation. Catering to specific religious entities or persons is out of the bounds of what a government should do. Business is too centralized, as well, but is that a government's issue? It should not be, but with governments being mock facades with all real power being held by these very corporations, it is an issue. You can't change that system from within, though - it needs to be external change, a revolution that happens quickly, and with great following, otherwise, your revolution will conform to the system and compromise. There can be no compromise, a free system must be established. A very decentralized system is the answer, and while I don't identify with any particular political philosphy, based on your question, a more Libertarian system is the answer.

(30-01-2014, 10:04 PM)lidstah Wrote:
(30-01-2014, 02:53 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: Welcome aboard!

My question to you is: do you solve your "world problem" with Libertarianism, or Communism?

I guess we solve it with "Unixism" ;)

A little question, though, related to your thread's title: are you french? If so, let's hang some priests and decapitate some kings together!! Vive la Révolution!!!

* lidstah goes out with his tricolor flag, singing the "Marseillaise" - and some omelette au fromage, because hanging priests and decapitating kings can get you hungry.

Unixism indeed - especially if you mean the corporate abuse and fragmentation turning into a blossoming open (source) movement that takes over the world ;)

And, no, I am not French *natively*.

Messages In This Thread
Vive la Revolution! - by ichiban - 30-01-2014, 01:03 AM
RE: Vive la Revolution! - by venam - 30-01-2014, 04:43 AM
RE: Vive la Revolution! - by jobss - 30-01-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Vive la Revolution! - by shtols - 31-01-2014, 01:40 PM
RE: Vive la Revolution! - by ichiban - 01-02-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: Vive la Revolution! - by Robby - 02-02-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: Vive la Revolution! - by Mafia - 02-02-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: Vive la Revolution! - by ichiban - 02-02-2014, 05:45 PM