[solved] swm ENABLE_MOUSE issues - Desktop Customization & Workflow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
tummychow
Members
Hey all, I've been experimenting with dcat's swm lately and having problems getting the ENABLE_MOUSE flag to work. I'm using an unmodified config.h, and pressing SUPER+left/right mouse on a window doesn't do anything. The event seems to just go to the window rather than being picked up by swm (eg if I drag SUPER+left mouse in a browser, it selects text, as if the SUPER key wasn't held down). Changing the modifier to one of the other keys doesn't fix the problem.

I banged my head on it for a while, and what I found was that if I set MOD to XCB_MOD_MASK_ANY, then the mouse actually does work (with any modifier combination). So it seems that xcb_grab_button is having issues with my modifier keys.

I'm not really sure what else to try from here. The OS is Arch with this PKGBUILD https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/si/simplewm/PKGBUILD. Any suggestions on how to find the root cause of this issue?

e: By the way, SLOPPY_FOCUS works fine, in case that's relevant. Mouse support in 2bwm also works fine.

Messages In This Thread
[solved] swm ENABLE_MOUSE issues - by tummychow - 17-05-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: swm ENABLE_MOUSE issues - by srp - 17-05-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: swm ENABLE_MOUSE issues - by tummychow - 17-05-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: swm ENABLE_MOUSE issues - by srp - 17-05-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: swm ENABLE_MOUSE issues - by tummychow - 17-05-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: swm ENABLE_MOUSE issues - by venam - 18-05-2015, 02:47 AM
RE: swm ENABLE_MOUSE issues - by tummychow - 18-05-2015, 03:47 AM