Snapshots from your week: What have YOU been up to. - Off topic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Houseoftea
Long time nixers
today I switched from FrankenWM to Dwm. I decided to take a quick scrot of my setup before I blew it away and that got me thinking...

If you were to write a script that would randomly once per day take a screenshot of your desktop what sorts of things would you find?

Obviously looking at the title of this post I had a week in mind, but imagine if you had a script like that running for a year, two years. It would be like a little window into your past rice, past work, past friends.

But it has not been two years, a year, or even a day since I have had the script running, and to be honest I havent made a script yet. Due to my incompetence I was thinking using a shell script that would run in crond? Or would I need something higher level?
Im sure you talented folks will have much better ideas on the topic.

On the short term, running a script like this would show you what you're doing on a day to day basis and I thought since a picture is worth a thousand words and we are all on this amazing fourm which supports images. We should take advantage of the situation and share a bit about our day to days with one another.

Tell me what you think. Good idea or am I out of my mind?

Messages In This Thread
Snapshots from your week: What have YOU been up to. - by Houseoftea - 13-07-2015, 11:17 PM