Post the strangest, most unique distros you've encountered - Servers Administration, Networking, & Virtualization

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pfr
Nixers
Linux:
Oasis

So far I've only used Oasis in a VM but I plan on installing it on an old laptop (once I repair it). While I wouldn't call it strange I think it's pretty unique and I'm drawn to it for it's incredibly sane defaults. It is the kind of operating system I'd write if I was ever to use LFS.

Unix (illumos):
Tribblix

Tribblix was a nice experience and I used it for a little while. It is a very clean operating system, but I've settled with NetBSD for my main OS for obvious compatibility reasons.

Unix (Plan9):
Jehanne

I love (the idea of) Plan 9. I've never really explored it properly. However I stumbled across Jehanne a while back, which is a fork of 9front for heretics. Anyway, it looks interesting.

Neither:
SculptOS

I've been messing around with the OS in a VM for a while now and I must say, it is a very interesting OS. I plan on using SculptOS on an MNT Reform but still saving the pennies to buy one. This operating system is unlike anything I've ever used before. For me it's just a OS nerd's playground.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post the strangest, most unique distros you've encountered - by pfr - 26-01-2021, 08:02 PM