Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pranomostro
Long time nixers
Hey, I am pranomostro.

Software: I got into programming around 3 years ago when my father gave me his old computer and that was also the time when I really used a computer the first time.
My first programs were the ones from C for dummies, and interestingly,
this is the path I have continued with. I switched to Ubuntu after 1 year and a half, and installed Arch Linux on my laptop around last christmas.
I admire the ideas of early unix, simplicity of design and implementation, correctness, speed and composability, which have been continued in projects like plan 9, suckless.org and many more unnamed solid programs.
On the other hand, I promote free and also open-source software, even if it isn't small and beautiful.
At the moment I am programming small utilities, all less than 300 lines long, but I hope to be able to get to some more serious stuff.

Since I do a lot of experiments, I know a lot of things, but only few of them very well. In the past, I have done a lot of C programming, shell scripting (at the beginning in sh/bash, now more in rc), a little bit of lua, some C++ I regret now and a bit of miranda. I also know sed, awk, bc and make and a bunch of other standard utilities. I don't know much about functional programming, but when I am not writing anything terribly useful, I try to learn a bit of lisp and miranda. I nearly know nothing about network programming (yet) and very few about graphical user interfaces (which may or may not change in the future). There's a ton of other things I don't know anything about, but it would take too much time of listing it all here...

Personally, I am a pacifist, and also a vegetarian (this is the first and last time I am telling you that, don't worry). I am a very liberal person, and I would describe myself as somebody with a rather lefty political opinion.

My personal interests include music (I play piano, clarinet and barisaxophone and listen to jazz), teak-won-do, literature, art (especially modern art) and science. But I am not limited to that and want to learn as much as I can about nearly everything.

I try to be a friendly guy, some people like me, some don't.

And now, here come my opinions on all holy wars I can come up with at the moment:
vim or emacs: sam
tabs or spaces: tabs
mac or pc: hardware is irrelevant, the software of both is not my thing. I go with linux.
firefox or chrome: firefox/tor browser
C vs pascal: never used pascal
big endian or little endian: i don't care
faster hardware or faster software: faster software
my programming language or your programming language: well-take a guess!

So, I guess that's it. Hey everyone!

P.S: my name is bad esperanto for ancient master of names.

Messages In This Thread
It's bad esperanto. - by pranomostro - 31-08-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by apk - 31-08-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by Houseoftea - 31-08-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by pranomostro - 31-08-2015, 07:35 PM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by strang3quark - 31-08-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by pranomostro - 31-08-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by Houseoftea - 31-08-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by pranomostro - 31-08-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by strang3quark - 31-08-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by venam - 01-09-2015, 02:12 AM
RE: It's bad esperanto. - by rocx - 01-09-2015, 01:42 PM