Brainstorm About Scientifically Proven Digital Attention Helpers - Off topic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
xero
Long time nixers
i have been halving my deadlines for years now to try and force myself to focus and work {hard,fast}er. but you have to really convince yourself the new deadline is "real" or the effect is useless. the same logic applies to setting all my clocks ahead 15 mins since i'm chronically late.

as for distractions, i feel like hiding my browser tabs helps me hyper focus on a single page. the work chatroom + time management software (slack+jira) are the worst distractions there is b/c i cannot mute them since p1 support issues are delivered that way :/ but i've been experimenting w/ delivering those through highlighted dunst notifications. too early to tell if that workflow is working yet or not.

in my wm (2bwm) i've been trying out spacial meanings as well. at work i use dual external monitors for my laptop. one screen is dedicated to the web and the other to the terminal (a single urxvt instance running tmux, which multiplexes a variety of shells and tools). i use virtual secondary desktops only when in single screen laptop mode. and i try and keep the same one for www one for term mentality there as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brainstorm About Scientifically Proven Digital Attention Helpers - by xero - 02-04-2018, 01:30 PM