How much do you actually care about your ideologies? - Psychology, Philosophy, and Licenses

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
d9a
Members
(10-01-2019, 03:47 PM)jkl Wrote: I avoid systemd because of its atrocious security and reliability implications.

Well it appears a few vulnerabilities in systemd were discovered today.... https://lwn.net/Articles/776404/

I don't know how this will affect my decision because it'd be no different if it affected the Linux kernel or other piece of software I use on every distribution. It does make me question it more though.

Edit: This vulnerability has pushed me to Void. I'll deal with the learning. These vulnerabilities exist because of sloppy programming.

(10-01-2019, 03:47 PM)jkl Wrote: And I honestly don't care about ethics. My computers are tools and I expect them to be good at their designated tasks. I don't really care how.

I care about the ethics because I don't want my software compromising me because I decided to trust it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much do you actually care about your ideologies? - by d9a - 10-01-2019, 05:14 PM