Really Weird Shell - the structural regular expression shell - Programming On Unix

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
tudurom
Long time nixers
z3bra Wrote:Also, I really want to use it, but I don't wanna swap my shell :)
Now to use it from another shell in a pipeline, you need something like (I suppose):

Code:
echo "I run Linux" | rwsh -c 'cat |> ,x/[lL]inux/ c/GNU+Linux/ |> ,p' | tee linux.txt

That's actually useless use of cat, if the pizza pipe doesn't have anything on its left, it reads from stdin. I also want to make the p at the end implicit, and add formatting capabilities so it doesn't become useless. With these two optimizations, it doesn't feel awkward anymore.

It is also one of my points to make it embeddable in other workflows, to be as versatile as awk.

Anyway, another point of this project is to learn from it and have fun. It's the first time I implement any kind of scripting language, and the first time I'm playing with Rust. I am also writing this to compete in a national software competition for high school students, for pride and accomplishment!

A more polished tool will be the result of this effort. It's all opensource, everyone can look, learn, share, contribute, fork.

Thank you z3bra and zge for contributing to the discussion, more to come!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Really Weird Shell - the structural regular expression shell - by tudurom - 25-05-2019, 05:24 PM