Poll: Do you think this would bring value to nixers.net?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No 2 25.00%
Yes 5 62.50%
Yes, but not using pixelfed 1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should we set up a pixelfed instance? - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
mcol
Nixers
Hi everyone.

Something that many of us enjoy doing is sharing images that we have created, often screenshots, related to our interests. For a quick share-and-forget we have sites like imgur, but as of yet we have no central place of sharing and collating nixers-related images. This would make it easy to organise, share and discuss images in a form that preserves the images and discussions.

This post is to gauge interest in having such a site e.g. on a subdomain.

Currently what I am thinking is a pixelfed instance. For those that aren't familiar with pixelfed, it is best described as a FOSS instagram clone, but it can also federate with other pixelfed instances (and I believe even some other servers like mastodon, so mastodon users can follow pixelfed accounts. However, federation can be disabled if wanted). What is nice about pixelfed is that you have an "instance timeline", which in our case would be all nixers' image posts. I think in terms of content matter it would mirror the forum, so off-topic images would still be welcome if you'd like.

So what do you guys think? Do you think such a platform would improve our experience here?

Messages In This Thread
Should we set up a pixelfed instance? - by mcol - 04-09-2020, 04:55 PM