Nixers Conf 2020 [Recordings and Feedbacks] - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
seninha
Long time nixers
(01-11-2020, 04:53 PM)venam Wrote: Did you find the talks interesting? What did you like about them?
Yes, they introduced topics that motivated me to dig into them.
Mort's talk taught me concepts that I didn't know and that will certainly improve my programming skills.
freem's talk introduced me to the topic that I have only heard about but never considered to research.
venam's talk coincided with the current topic of my uni's networking class! I liked it a lot, especially for pointing out how UNIX do stuff (something that my class doesn't do).
z3bra's talk was really interesting and motivated me to work harder on my email workflow.

(01-11-2020, 04:53 PM)venam Wrote: In your opinion, was the conference well scheduled?
Yes. Sunday is a good day, as most people don't have work.
We have people from all parts of the world, which makes scheduling an hour good for everybody something hard.
IIRC, it was Ramiferous who said that lives in Australia and that the conf would be 1AM for him.
Maybe next time we can research the forum users' local time zone and get a time that is not bad for anyone, idk...

(01-11-2020, 04:53 PM)venam Wrote: Was the conference too long?
I don't think so.
I think it had the right duration.
Not too short not too long.

(01-11-2020, 04:53 PM)venam Wrote: Would you recommend the conference to friends?
Yes.
I was afraid of posting the conf in some forums... maybe some troll there could get in and mess the conf up.

(01-11-2020, 04:53 PM)venam Wrote: Would you attend another conf if we organized one?
Absolutely.

(01-11-2020, 04:53 PM)venam Wrote: I know not everyone was happy with the conference software solution we've used, do you have any other to recommend?
Do you have any other comments?
I liked bbb, I saw no problem in the software.
Just had to enable webrtc on my browser and (if I had to give a talk) enable the mic in my kernel.

(01-11-2020, 05:35 PM)z3bra Wrote: I hate my stupid voice.
I could understand you with no problem!
Something I noticed was that no speaker has English as native language, so all of them have some level of accent. Specially all the three francophone ones.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nixers Conf 2020 [Recordings and Feedbacks] - by seninha - 01-11-2020, 09:15 PM