HP Touchpad + Arch + KDE Plasma/Active? - Other Embedded Platforms and Hardware Hacking

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
gurhush
Long time nixers
(06-12-2012, 05:30 AM)Phyrne Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 01:38 PM)gurhush Wrote: If I was going to run *nix on a laptop, it would be a Thinkpad or a Macbook Pro (at a HUGE discount; I wouldn't buy a MBP otherwise). Thinkpads are really the best and are well documented, versatile, and hardy laptops.

I'm guessing you didn't Google 'HP Touchpad' :P Haha

The Touchpad is a tablet from HP, it's easily hackable, can run WebOS, Android & Linux. That's why I made this thread, specifically in the ARM section :)

However, that said, I've always said to people who ask me about tablets "Welp, I have an 11" MacBook Air, that's almost as small as a tablet and does much more." and I think I'm actually gunna stick with that notion.

I suppose this post was somewhat spontaneous, I wanted to see what UH thought whilst I had the idea in my head. Honestly, I think in the end it'd be a waste of money for myself, however, I reckon it would be a very cool project for anyone else looking for a tablet.

Sorry, my mind was not in sober places when I replied to this thread. My apologies for off topic shenanigans; I was genuinely trying to assist you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Touchpad + Arch + KDE Plasma/Active? - by gurhush - 08-12-2012, 02:32 PM