Hello Sexy, help me out here? Free cookies. - BSD

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Robby
Long time nixers
I don't actually have any cookies, sorry. This is a problem I've had for a while and rather than describe it I thought it would be easier to record the problem. This happens only on boot of 9.0/9.1 and I imagine any further releases to come. This does not happen on 8.3 but for obvious reasons I want to move on. It happens only on this desktop, my other machines are 9.0. I tried the USB install via DD'd .IMG file and it booted perfectly and works like a charm but when you get to partitioning my SATA HDD does not exist, only my USB drive. When booting via DVD it says something about not being able to mount it.

I did notice that in the release notes for 9+ it says they improved SATA support which is ironic since that version happens to reject my SATA drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. From what I've read up some people have said replacing their disc drive fixed the issue but how would that resolve the one about my SATA drive not being detected? I don't want to buy a new SATA drive. Linux distributions have been a breeze so if it really is my HDD with bad sectors and shit then why would it work at all for 8.3 and Linux distributions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2JwtjOohY

Messages In This Thread
Hello Sexy, help me out here? Free cookies. - by Robby - 12-01-2013, 02:37 PM