Installing OpenWRT on the Zipit Z2 for a $20 pocketable linux experience - Other Embedded Platforms and Hardware Hacking

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
hades
Long time nixers
Update:

Got the Zipit out of storage today, since I haven't messed with it in a couple of years. I have a specific use for it in mind, too: Now I have my own office at work, but my computer sits behind a mess of firewalls and I can't install programs. This means that to monitor IRC channels, I need something small that can sit beneath my monitor and won't take up much space or draw much attention. And so, I'm going to be using the Zipit for that.

But if I'm taking it out of storage and playing with it, why just use it for IRC? I started thinking of other uses it could have, and I remembered that I can't browse 4chan on my work computer - perfect job for the Zipit.

Using a browser that displays images on the Zipit is tedious, so I'll need a sleeker solution - making my own standalone 4chan app. That I will write in Python.

So, I guess this will take the place of my Unix Diary entry for today.

TL;DR - I'm writing a standalone 4chan app for a computer that's slow even by 1998's standards. Fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing OpenWRT on the Zipit Z2 for a $20 pocketable linux experience - by hades - 25-03-2015, 08:33 PM