Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
eadwardus
Members
Hello there, i saw the the forum sometime in the past and now decided to participate, as i'm interested in unix(-like) systems, specially now that i'm building my own (i have started by the userland, which is the thing i'm more discontent with, what will, initially, make it effectively a distro). Hope to have good discussions

About me:
My name is Eduardo Francisco. I have been using unix-like systems for almost 20 years (Linux, BSD*, OpenSolaris). I program mainly in C, although know a few others languages.
venam
Administrators
Welcome to nixers.
jkl
Long time nixers
Welcome to nixers!

(05-11-2019, 05:58 PM)eadwardus Wrote: specially now that i'm building my own (i have started by the userland, which is the thing i'm more discontent with, what will, initially, make it effectively a distro).

Looking forward to it!

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Well hello there! How aboit starting your journey here by starting a (constructive, hopefully!) debate over the issues with the current userland?

Also welcome here, you'll fit like a glove!
eadwardus
Members
(06-11-2019, 12:52 AM)venam Wrote: Welcome to nixers.
(06-11-2019, 02:15 PM)jkl Wrote: Welcome to nixers!
(06-11-2019, 06:21 PM)z3bra Wrote: Also welcome here, you'll fit like a glove!
Thanks

(06-11-2019, 02:15 PM)jkl Wrote: Looking forward to it!
I will talk about it soon, there's a lot done (package manager, alt-libc, "coreutils", ports)

(06-11-2019, 06:21 PM)z3bra Wrote: Well hello there! How aboit starting your journey here by starting a (constructive, hopefully!) debate over the issues with the current userland?
Seems like a good idea, will be a good opportunity to get more opinions about this
gmk
Long time nixers
General Kenobi...
xero
Long time nixers
Quote:welcome to nixers