Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
opfez
Members
Hi!

I'm opFez. I'm very interested in everything *nix, doing sysadmin work on my own home server. I'm also trying to learn C. I'm a big fan of minimal programs that follow the Unix philosophy (as probably most of this forum).

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!
jkl
Long time nixers
Welcome to nixers. :-)

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
venam
Administrators
Hello opFez,
Welcome to nixers.
octahedral
Members
Hi opFez, I like your profile picture!
opfez
Members
(03-07-2020, 09:48 AM)xenone Wrote: Hi opFez, I like your profile picture!
Thanks! My little brother made it for my birthday.
gmk
Long time nixers
Welcome!

What programs/software do you use regularly?
opfez
Members
(03-07-2020, 02:22 PM)gmk Wrote: What programs/software do you use regularly?
i use neovim as my editor, zsh as my shell, the alacritty terminal emulator, bspwm, firefox, clang for compiling and moebius for the occasional ansi art.
i've also gone completely barless. i've set up scripts to show system information using dunst.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Welcome here ! What system/admin do you do on that serv ? Web hosting I suppose ?
opfez
Members
(03-07-2020, 07:45 PM)z3bra Wrote: Welcome here !
Thank you!
(03-07-2020, 07:45 PM)z3bra Wrote: What system/admin do you do on that serv ? Web hosting I suppose ?
I have an ftp server where I store my entire hoard of data (music, videos, etc.), I host a Minecraft server for my friends, and use it for testing stuff like new programs before installing them on my personal computer. I kind of dislike web development, so I haven't really done anything in that area except for a plain text document which appears if you try to visit the server in a web browser)))
jkl
Long time nixers
(03-07-2020, 07:52 PM)opFez Wrote: I kind of dislike web development

Rightfully so!

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
seninha
Long time nixers
Hello opFez!
Welcome!
opfez
Members
(09-07-2020, 08:41 AM)phillbush Wrote: Hello opFez!
Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome))