My venam theme for gtk - Desktop Customization & Workflow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
Hello *nixer,

I edited some gtk themes to my taste.

###VENAM_THEME

[Image: venam_theme___blueish__gtk__by_venamresm-d5jg7xt.png?1]
[VENAM_THEME](http://venamresm.deviantart.com/art/vena...-334375101)

###FlatStudio Mod

[Image: flatstudio_mod_by_venamresm-d6btdw8.png?1]
[FlatStudio Mod](http://venamresm.deviantart.com/art/Flat...-382643864)

###FlatStudio Mod Dark

[Image: flatstudio_mod_dark_by_venamresm-d6btg4t.png?1]
[FlatStudio Mod Dark](http://venamresm.deviantart.com/art/Flat...-382646765)
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
This theme looks great and simple, how I like them !
venam
Administrators
NeoTerra : I am using awesomeWM.
I read about how gtk theming works and I edited a theme with the default "style".
However, I am not getting what I would like with every program; codeblocks looks ugly now and qt programs (using gtk theme with qtconfig) are also ugly.
vompatti
Long time nixers
really nice work venam :P
zygotb
Long time nixers
I hate qt.
It pulls in over 200MB of dependencies.
But the eye-candy is worth it if you've got the horsepower.
Since this is a GTK theme, is qt necessary?
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
venam
Administrators
Nope, qt is not necessary, but I have some programs that runs on qt and it's sad that they don't match the others.
jolia
Long time nixers
Well done Venam!

I love the colors :)
Mafia
Long time nixers
Looks good, just be careful. The GTK effects ALOTTTT of programs, so if one looks good. Many others my not, I remember back when I first did something like this. My File Manager was awesome, but my browser, and other programs looked like shit lol.
Mafia
Long time nixers
(27-10-2012, 07:42 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(27-10-2012, 06:42 PM)Mafia Wrote: Looks good, just be careful. The GTK effects ALOTTTT of programs, so if one looks good. Many others my not, I remember back when I first did something like this. My File Manager was awesome, but my browser, and other programs looked like shit lol.

This. I just gave up after awhile as I just couldn't win.

Yeah, it can even take over certain things. Like with xxxterm(browser) you would think you could change certain colors with the CSS styles, like normal, but the GTK somehow overtook the colors of the CSS and I actually had to insert new styles to get the correct one to work on xxxterm. Complete madness..
venam
Administrators
Mafia, Yep unfortunately this is completely True.
Amazingly, so far, everything fits fine other then (some website which take the color font, qt apps, and codeblocks).
If you overlook those it still is good to have my own theme.
Mafia
Long time nixers
(28-10-2012, 11:50 AM)venam Wrote: Mafia, Yep unfortunately this is completely True.
Amazingly, so far, everything fits fine other then (some website which take the color font, qt apps, and codeblocks).

Yeah, I love making my own themes for everything. Makes me feel more accomplished knowing I can take a minimal WM and customize it to the T without one peep at a guide or another's ideas. Of course it took a little time to get to that point, but its a satisfying goal. My ultimate goal is to be able to customize over 20 WMs like they are my own. So far I only have 5 xD
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
(28-10-2012, 06:27 PM)Mafia Wrote:
(28-10-2012, 11:50 AM)venam Wrote: Mafia, Yep unfortunately this is completely True.

Yeah, I love making my own themes for everything. Makes me feel more accomplished knowing I can take a minimal WM and customize it to the T without one peep at a guide or another's ideas. Of course it took a little time to get to that point, but its a satisfying goal. My ultimate goal is to be able to customize over 20 WMs like they are my own. So far I only have 5 xD

20 WMs ? I got like 14 :P
Mafia
Long time nixers
(28-10-2012, 10:23 PM)Beastie Wrote:
(28-10-2012, 06:27 PM)Mafia Wrote:

20 WMs ? I got like 14 :P

Of course you do you bastard >:)
purgatori
Members
(29-10-2012, 05:40 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(28-10-2012, 10:23 PM)Beastie Wrote: 20 WMs ? I got like 14 :P

We're all aware -.-

I really like it :) What icon theme are you using in the example image?
venam
Administrators
I updated this thread. Feel at ease to comment on it.
I still keep the claim that dark themes makes some application really ugly, more precisely IDEs.
berk
Long time nixers
Looks great! will apply as soon as I __fully__ migrate to FreeBSD :)
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I'm loving my gtk theme.

![](http://paste.unixhub.net/index.php/2m0/)
tbuck153
Members
Mine is just a simple mod of FlatStudioDark

[Image: RC5rgca.png]
Mafia
Long time nixers
I like it. Very much.
Not very much, but you know, char. limits where implemented.
sagittarius
Members
Bump !

Looking for a good dark gtk theme that is NOT completly fucked up. Are your themes still available somewhere or, at least, do you know good dark themes ? The main annoying thing with mine is font color in the web browser. It is very often white on white, or black on black, like a very effective shoulder surfing prevention system, but hey, I'm colorblind, I don't need a theme to struggle with that !
xero
Long time nixers
i use a mod of cathexis that i changed many of the colors for:
https://github.com/xero/dotfiles/tree/ma...s/cathexis

[Image: x0wIYVa.png]
Adrift
Members
I did the same, then decided to to change the colors in this theme because it's gtk3. Because I was already using a gtk2 theme I liked, so I use both. Firefox was the main reason I realized I needed gtk3. OF course after all the searching and altering I found out about this