Statistics for GNU/Linux hosting. - GNU/Linux

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Robby
Long time nixers
These are from April 18th 2012, it seems Debian is indeed ahead of both CentOS and RedHat. Obviously the original statistics will be much higher, you're not required to sign shit when you set up a *nix distribution so surveys and whatnot have not been produced based on every user.

[Image: 3qA6L.jpg]
venam
Administrators
Well surveys are always badly conducted, but this seems true. I remember reading about something on computer jobs. It was ridiculously wrong!
http://www.baselinemag.com/c/a/Careers/S...bs-340346/
Or about spamming, this one is completely true.
http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/07/...pam-india/
Jayro
Long time nixers
Our server runs Debian, as do all of my servers. It is a very stable and reliable distribution. It does not suprise me Debian came out number one.
Shiru
Members
Interesting but expectable since CentOS and Debian are the best choices for a server as far as Linux goes, though I expect Ubuntu to get more popular in terms of hosting with the services that google are providing. Nonetheless they don't beat BSD when it comes to security and stability.
Robby
Long time nixers
I wasn't that surprised but people seem to think Debian is far behind both CentOS and Red Hat for somewhat reason. Debian is my favorite Linux flavour had I been forced to choose it would definitely be this one.
Robby
Long time nixers
(28-08-2012, 02:38 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(28-08-2012, 08:38 AM)Robby Wrote: I wasn't that surprised but people seem to think Debian is far behind both CentOS and Red Hat for somewhat reason. Debian is my favorite Linux flavour had I been forced to choose it would definitely be this one.

I've never worked with Red Hat, I know it's more for businesses and what not. I knew Debian and CentOS were close, it makes sense that Debian has surpassed CentOS now. Debian is an all around good distribution.

Debian is just the best Linux flavour in my opinion.