Ricerous, A Community Project About Ricing - Desktop Customization & Workflow
xero
do you Invision this to be online, or local? if local, why not just create a git repo with a simple markdown parser in an HTML file and a load all the content from the md files? 'ricers' will just need to clone the repo and open it in their web browser of choice. i could whip that up in a few minutes. then it's just a matter of focusing on writing content. we could add a scraper in the js to compare the local git commit hash to the remote one and prompt users when there's an update. just thinking aloud...
dami0
I don't want to use JavaScript since we're already working with Venam on a Python/Kivy (GUI maker) version that is already sort of usable. So far we are planning to use .json files on a Git repo to make it easy to port your configs to different machines and different people. We are handling Git externally so far, as far as I know so if you want to help with that, we'd be grateful.

Here's my repo and here's Venam's. I'm doing the GUI and he's working on the backend (mostly) for reading in the .json files which makes me a happy hippo.

If you were wondering what Kivy is.
dunz0r
I'd like to help too. I know python and some C, but I prefer none programming related tasks (for now) don't really have the energy for any more projects at the moment.
dami0
That is great. We need someone to fill out the info on titanpad or work on the info.json file to fill out categories and information on them. Talk to venam on IRC about this.
venam
I updated the TODO list.
Here it is:
  • Review the information on the pad http://titanpad.com/ricing. (Doesn't need programming knowledge)
  • Get more ideas for outputers templates other than html,markdown, and bbcode. (Doesn't need programming knowledge)
  • Help Dami with the frontend (Kivy). You can help him with the placement of the widget if you have no programming knowledge.
  • Maintain the pads/brainstorms/thread.(Doesn't need programming knowledge)
venam
I've updated the TODO list and the first post.

Here's the TODO list, for the rest recheck the first post.
  • Review the information on the pad http://titanpad.com/ricing. (Doesn't need programming knowledge)
  • Get more ideas for outputers templates other than html,markdown, and bbcode. (Doesn't need programming knowledge)
  • Help cleaning the frontend code (Kivy)
  • Choose a name for the program (Doesn't need programming knowledge)
  • Test/Debug the Program (Doesn't need programming knowledge)
venam
I added a poll for the program name.
earsplit
Code:
./bagOfRice
thetornainbow
I would humbly submit "rice cooker". I mean it's perfect. Right?
venam
I updated the TODO list, refer to the first post for more information:

What Needs To Be Done
  • Choose a name for the program (vote)
  • Write a script to easily convert the info on the pad to JSON readable by the program
  • Help cleaning the frontend code (Kivy)
  • Add comments to the code
  • Test/Debug the Program (Doesn't need programming knowledge)
  • Package the program
  • Choose a license

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode