What's your favorite book? - Off topic
Ronin7z
I love reading novels myself, especially fantasy. It would hard to pin down a favourite but i can definitely recommend the Kingkiller chronicles by Rothfuss , The Mistborn series by brandon sanderson and some others (The first mistborn book can serve as a standalone book)
Deathbox
Automate the boring stuff with Python. Non computer related? Harry potter series for sure.
wolf
(23-06-2019, 05:16 PM)Deathbox Wrote: Automate the boring stuff with Python. Non computer related? Harry potter series for sure.
Hey! That's an awesome book!
wolf
21st Century C: C Tips from the New School

Really fun and engaging. One of my best acquisitions.
xero
for non-technial books: william gibson is my favorite author. it's hard to pick one book as a favorite. both the sprawl {neuromancer, count zero, mona lisa overdrive} and bridge {virtual light, idoru, all tomorrow's parties} trilogies are fantastic. both in writing style, content, story exposition, character development...
Deathbox
(25-06-2019, 07:08 PM)wolf Wrote:
(23-06-2019, 05:16 PM)Deathbox Wrote: Automate the boring stuff with Python. Non computer related? Harry potter series for sure.
Hey! That's an awesome book!

Yeah it was my introduction to Python, I still glance at it time to time but instead of reading through the documentation I tend to just research the modules I'll be using in a given project to get it off the ground faster. I should put more time into learning Python!
Saos
+1 for Automate the Boring Stuff.

Technical: The C Programming Language. Doesn't get better than that.
Non-technical: The Count of Monte Cristo.
gmk
The C Programming Language by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie, just kidding.

But in all seriousness, If I had to choose a favorite book it would probably be The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode