Fixing the forums - Community & Forums Related Discussions
xero
i like this idea.

"view new posts" and "search" are the options i use the most frequently
acg
(07-12-2016, 01:30 PM)xero Wrote: "view new posts" and "search" are the options i use the most frequently

Yeah, same happens here. Most of the links are barely used up there. I'd add a link to the podcast, whether on top or at bottom.
venam
I've implemented it.
Let's try for a few days and tell me what you think.
rocx
Doesn't really help when the user control panel is on the bottom, personally. I liked the old way better. If you want the activities there, how about trying community-related stuff on a new line and the forum "tools" (for lack of a better word) on the top?
venam
(08-12-2016, 01:08 PM)rocx Wrote: Doesn't really help when the user control panel is on the bottom, personally.
Was the user panel used that frequently?
rocx
(08-12-2016, 01:10 PM)venam Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 01:08 PM)rocx Wrote: Doesn't really help when the user control panel is on the bottom, personally.
Was the user panel used that frequently?

Not that frequently. It took me a while to find it again if I did need it.
venam
(08-12-2016, 01:21 PM)rocx Wrote: Not that frequently. It took me a while to find it again if I did need it.
Does that also accounts for the Members list, the stats, and help page?
rocx
(08-12-2016, 01:27 PM)venam Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 01:21 PM)rocx Wrote: Not that frequently. It took me a while to find it again if I did need it.
Does that also accounts for the Members list, the stats, and help page?

No. What I'm trying to say is that this is a radically different change than most other PHPBB-based forums and it's bound to throw more than some people off.
venam
(08-12-2016, 01:50 PM)rocx Wrote: No. What I'm trying to say is that this is a radically different change than most other PHPBB-based forums and it's bound to throw more than some people off.
I totally get the point.
Let's leave it some days and then we'll switch back.
acg
User CP makes sense at top, can't say the same for Members or Stats. As for Activities, found it useful there, just not sure if I'd be constantly using it as that thread is not being updated regularly.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help