OnePlus One - Hardware talk

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
hades
Long time nixers
I got my OnePlus One today. This phone is the sex.

Anyone else got one of these?
jobss
Long time nixers
I never head of OnePlus till right now.

I totally want one for the 3GB of 1866 RAM and the 801 CPU, those features are pure awesomeness! The battery is kinda small tho. I would want to see battery life figures before buying one. But the battery is not as small as the one in the new S6.
jobss
Long time nixers
Eleven hours is amazing for a phone with that spec, they must have put a lot of effort into power management. If power drain is good I would get this over the S6, I was reading somewhere that being connected to the internet for 45 minutes while only reading e-mails drained the battery by 20%!
b4dtR1p
Members
yep I've first edition
░ ░░▒░ ░ ░ ░ ▒ ░ ░▒ ▒░

░ ░ ░ ░ ░
hades
Long time nixers
I'm about to sell mine. Got a Galaxy S7 now (wanted to get back on my old carrier, and OPO wouldn't work on their network).
0wl3x
Members
Did you get the OPO over the galaxy series phones? I am trying to decide between a OPO, a Pixel XL and a S7. I've got a iPhone 6 Plus rn and I'm really happy with the size.
nxll
Members
Another OnePlus One user here (If you still own one I recommend the Resurrection Remix rom). I will soon be getting the OnePlus 3T soon. I doubt it will be as good but still an improvement on the other overly marketed phones.
jkl
Long time nixers
I won't buy a smartphone without a replaceable battery in the foreseeable future.

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
josuah
Long time nixers
What cost me the most with smartphone, as with any device that makes use of electricity, is the weakness of the power cable port:
It is the electronic piece that failed the first for all electronic devices I ever saw, with exception of a few smartphones drop in water and... maybe freezers that do not have this issue.

Now, the first question I ask when I buy one of these things: Is the power port fully rugged (MIL-STD ...).
pranomostro
Long time nixers
@jkl:

The fairphone wants to be as modular as possible, but it is kinda expensive (500€-ish?). A friend of mine has one, it had a few problems, but they got fixed. It seemed pretty open, and you can run SailfishOS on it (afaik).

Plus, it's as ethically produced as possible.