OpenBSD and virtualization - BSD

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
apk
Long time nixers
QEMU is a very extensible and flexible hypervisor that has tons of configuration options. You can re route TCP/IP ports on your virtual NIC, customize and optimize your virtual GPU, and allow passthrough to many host hardware devices.

As a result, it may be difficult to find the proper QEMU configuration to accommodate the Windows operating system. Again, I'm not saying its impossible, I'm sure it is possible. You just might have a hefty number of flags set when you launch qemu from your terminal :).

I myself have a couple scripts I just execute for each of my VMs so that I don't need to type all the "-net user -device nic type=virtio,redir 55505::5035 blah blah blah" whenever I want to launch a machine.

In general, QEMU is more difficult in comparison to other solutions such as Virtualbox or VMWare in that, you cant just make a VDI, put an ISO on it, and expect everything to work. You need to specify devices and options. The QEMU documentation is your best bet. It is very extensive and explains EVERYTHING, but it'll probably be your answer.

Messages In This Thread
OpenBSD and virtualization - by movq - 24-05-2015, 09:01 AM
RE: OpenBSD and virtualization - by srp - 24-05-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: OpenBSD and virtualization - by apk - 24-05-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: OpenBSD and virtualization - by movq - 25-05-2015, 12:05 PM
RE: OpenBSD and virtualization - by apk - 25-05-2015, 04:02 PM
RE: OpenBSD and virtualization - by movq - 27-05-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: OpenBSD and virtualization - by October - 02-09-2015, 09:39 PM