My distro called 'solyste' - GNU/Linux
strang3quark
It looks interesting, when I need a really minimal distro I tend to use tinyCore.
pranomostro
Using ed as editor-I love it!
I actually used ed quite a time when programming.

Edit: your distro reminds me of rlsd (http://rlsd2.dimakrasner.com/).
I like what you two did.
cjm
Just wanted to say that this is a great idea and I am in full support. If you need any help with anything let me know.

To me this is what nixing is all about. Exploration, creativity and minimalism.

Awesome
Houseoftea
Don't forget rice cjm ;)
I thank all of you for your kind words! This kind of feedback really boosts me.
Houseoftea
remember to Keep us posted!
Hi Houseoftea (and all the other lads),

At the moment, I try to work on "modularity", hence I need to rewrite (sometimes from scratch) a few pieces of code. It's not the funniest part, but it is required. Many things changed since the beginning. I think a lot about what I will do, usually while losing my life in public transport.
I am also doing extensive tests (building solyste) from the other distros. I noticed some breakage (on Alpine for example), but it was not from me and GNU-only options.
For example: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1136

Apart from that, I was thrilled to see the first batch of dudes joining #solyste on IRC, just like z3bra (we debugged things together) or t0b1nux.
z3bra
Thinking about it, and imagining implementations occurs more often than I would have tough!

I usually carry some way to take notes with me for when I have new ideas, or think about a problem. Most of the time, it's when I'm driving to work, or back home. I just shutdown the radio so I can think about the different "problems" with a clear mind.
z3bra
I don't want people to forget this project which is still ongoing. Yp is a bit busy, but solyste is not dead. Don't forget to take a look at his diary fellow nixers!

BTW, if anyone has experience in distro hacking, this might be a good place to start discussing it.
xikuuky
Cool distro! I just started writing a distro and yours is inspiring! I also use musl, don't use SystemD, and like things to lightweight! Thanks for your amazing work! Do you write a lot of little shell scripts to fix your problems? :)

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode