Plan 9 and derivates - Other *nix-like OSes
z3bra
(18-05-2020, 04:55 AM)jkl Wrote: Wouldn't that even be a multi-platform script?

Of course not, hget is a plan9 tool ?
What I'm more interested here is HOW you open those link ? Are you running plan9ports, so you open it in your browser of choice ?

Do you really run plan9 full time, or you are just giving it a try for fun ?
sokx
(18-05-2020, 06:52 PM)z3bra Wrote: HOW you open those link ?
Right clicking a link in acme runs the plumber, plumber looks at the plumber rules file to figure out what to do with the url (open in mothra by default.) You could run this on linux with p9p and edit the plumb rules so that urls open in whatever modern browser you use.

(18-05-2020, 06:52 PM)z3bra Wrote: Do you really run plan9 full time, or you are just giving it a try for fun ?
Not full time, but for simpler tasks like email, irc, scripting and reading pdfs. I have a bunch of old hardware laying around so I don't have to worry about what os can run what software.
xenone
(15-05-2020, 02:48 PM)z3bra Wrote: I guess what I'm looking for is more to use my main station as a CPU server and remotely access it from whatever terminal I have at hand. Be it a laptop, notebook or even my phone, do that I can access files, compile stuff, read mails, etc.. withou resorting to work arounds like terminal multiplexers.

Did you ever manage to find some way of doing this? I recently built a desktop and realized this is exactly what I want to do with it.
z3bra
Nope. I didn't put to much effort into it though. Plan9 seems to solve this issue, but I'm not quite ready to switch yet. I should look into setting up a remote plan9 file server + cpu (at least) and access it using 9ports' drawterm. I'm not quite there yet though… Still just an idea in my head ☺️

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode