mpc-like control interface for mpv - General Shell Scripting
Adrift
Finally got an excuse to try this with my new two monitor setup. That and I have issues with fixed (sticky) windows in 2bwm, so being able to control it without focusing it is great.

However I wanted to ask if it's at all doable to add a fast forward/rewind / jump to minutes feature? That's way more convenient than seconds for movies. I'm not sure if requests are a thing, but I thought I'd ask. Otherwise, it's quite nifty.
Wildefyr
Yeah I've been meaning to hack that out actually... Not sure how I'd do it for timestamps but I am looking to probably make it easier to jump through time a little bit easier.

EDIT: okay I've a basic phraser to jump through a track somewhat more easily, just append 's', 'm' or 'h' on the end of the number, like so:

Code:
mpvc -t 10m

I'm looking to implement a phraser to take absolute timestamps for the function "setTimeAbsolute".
Adrift
Just tried it, fantastic. Except it gave me an error.

Code:
sed: -e expression #1, char 71: unterminated `s' command
Wildefyr
Yeah I've had some issues with that hacky method of returning metadata about the track. Hard to diagnose remotely though. If you could run a shell trace for me and send it to me that'd be great.
Adrift
Okay, file is the nixers-workflow video, did set -x and strace, and here is all the output: https://paste.teknik.io/Raw/DQaXP
Wildefyr
Can you link me the exact file?
Adrift
I do believe I got it from here: http://lab.xero.nu/nixers-workflow.webm

Sorry about the delay, I'm failing at setting these monitors up.

EDIT: Until you asked that I didn't even think to try another file due to being preoccupied. It works on movies just fine. Great work.
Wildefyr
Can you give me your sed version along with your source (i.e. bsd sed, gnu sed, etc)? Adding the file didn't give me any error.
Adrift
Code:
sed (GNU sed) 4.2.2

The source files for sed?
Wildefyr
Well that's my sed version too. I can't reproduce this at all so I can't fix it :(

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode