venam
I update the github repo with more information if anyone checked.
venam
I also opened a titanpad for public discussion.

Please check it if you'd like to contribute to this project or would like to make it concrete.
kirby
As a suggestion it might be worth looking at the MagPi magazine for inspiration on layout and things like that. I contributed a few articles when it was just starting out and looking at it now it's really impressive how much it's grown from the issues I wrote for to what it is today.
venam
(05-04-2016, 06:27 AM)kirby Wrote: As a suggestion it might be worth looking at the MagPi magazine for inspiration on layout and things like that. I contributed a few articles when it was just starting out and looking at it now it's really impressive how much it's grown from the issues I wrote for to what it is today.
I think people got interested because they're giving a rPi with the magazine.
thlst
It might take me a while to writing something (college stuff), but I will do write something about "using unix tools to make your system into a better programming environment" (due in next weekend). :)

I'm happy with this project, by the way. It's always great to contribute to something, and I can learn a lot as I go through this process.

edit: for the magazine format, in my opinion, it's better to always bring a focused theme, then split the magazine into small parts (those small articles or the like, something to fill it).

edit2: Putting a bunch of huge articles into a single edition may lose its focus, and we end up writing a lot for no reason. Splitting it into small texts (e.g. one page) and bringing one or two interesting articles will both give the reader a better organized magazine, and ease our work.
josuah
There are some categories that could have many candidates, like the treasure box, or the questions. What about some pad to gather all the suggestions and filter them?
venam
(05-04-2016, 02:35 PM)sshbio Wrote: There are some categories that could have many candidates, like the treasure box, or the questions. What about some pad to gather all the suggestions and filter them?
I opened the pad:
(05-04-2016, 03:16 AM)venam Wrote: I also opened a titanpad for public discussion.
josuah
Quote:l so opened a titanpad for public discussion.

So I'll use it for these as well. Thank you.
venam
Ok...

So first step would be to agree on the magazine brand, "the slogan".

This should be a simple sentence that reflects what the magazine strive to achieve and deliver.
jmbi
(07-04-2016, 01:20 AM)venam Wrote: Ok...

So first step would be to agree on the magazine brand, "the slogan".

This should be a simple sentence that reflects what the magazine strive to achieve and deliver.

I think each issue should have a general theme, so the slogan will vary with each issue and reflect the theme.

We do, however, need to agree on a name to be printed on the front and used in the branding. Design people can start making mockups and pushing them to the repo.

I think we should call the magazine "/etc/motd." That would be sick.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode