Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
(This is part of the podcast discussion extension)

June Community Discussion

Link of the recording [ https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nixers...-06-12.mp3 ]

Feedback, ideas, contributions, and discussion on the nixers community projects for the month of June.

-- (Show Notes)

The Unix Diary thread
Nixers Workflow compilation
venam
Administrators
Today's the last of June.

I'd appreciate your feedback on the events I organized during the month.
pranomostro
Long time nixers
I liked the nixers intro thread (obviously), but the ASCII art contest was also cool.
I'll post a webcast when I get some time (hopefully this weekend).

So, overall a great idea, maybe with a little few participation, but overall
interesting.

4.5/5 stars.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
The hunt was pretty cool. I love these! The ascii art contest was fun too, it was great to do that again.
Overall, I think all events were appreciated, but too few people got involved. Not a huge deal, as the people enjoyed them anyway.

Well done venam!
venam
Administrators
I'm making this a thread promotion as a discussion on who would be interested in setting up similar activities for next month. Namely: week in the TTY, workflow compilation, scavenger hunt, and others.
seninha
Long time nixers
I'm up to the workflow compilation.
I loved the last one, we had good entries.
We got new members since then, who have not participated of it.
If no one is available to set it up, I can be in charge of the compilation; I just need to practice my ffmpeg skills.
pfr
Nixers
(03-05-2021, 09:41 AM)phillbush Wrote: I just need to practice my ffmpeg skills.

Same.. I would be keen to participate in a workflow clip, just give me a head up on the preferred screen recording technique.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)
opfez
Members
I agree with Ramiferous and phillbush, a new workflow compilation would be cool.
jolia
Long time nixers
i'm in as well for a workflow compilation, for this one i will take the time to really do it :D
movq
Long time nixers
Lol, I haven’t changed my workflow at all since last time. Time flies. The terminals are grey-on-black again, but that’s it. So, I guess, I’ll pass on that.

But I can happily donate some CPU time and compile the individual videos and all that. Just let me know. :)
seninha
Long time nixers
(12-05-2021, 11:58 AM)movq Wrote: Lol, I haven’t changed my workflow at all since last time. Time flies. The terminals are grey-on-black again, but that’s it. So, I guess, I’ll pass on that.
Well, at least you have found a desktop you are comfortable with.

(12-05-2021, 11:58 AM)movq Wrote: But I can happily donate some CPU time and compile the individual videos and all that. Just let me know. :)
That's great!