z3bra
Sure, I never said so! At this point, I think it's only a problem with me having issue dealing with assholes that think they can just go famous by selling my code as their own. I used to think I could go with it, until it happened. Maybe it just bother me when jerks can satisfy themselves!

[Image: 5lMBeHW.jpg]
jkl
So your problem is that it's not you who became famous?
venam
(26-07-2016, 03:32 AM)z3bra Wrote: Sure, I never said so! At this point, I think it's only a problem with me having issue dealing with assholes that think they can just go famous by selling my code as their own. I used to think I could go with it, until it happened. Maybe it just bother me when jerks can satisfy themselves!
Again, licensing solves all this.
z3bra
(26-07-2016, 05:12 AM)venam Wrote:
Quote:Sure, I never said so! At this point, I think it's only a problem with me having issue dealing with assholes that think they can just go famous by selling my code as their own. I used to think I could go with it, until it happened. Maybe it just bother me when jerks can satisfy themselves!
Again, licensing solves all this.

I know, and that's why I switched from WTFPL to MIT for my code.
jkl
The MIT license doesn't disallow anyone to take your code and make a shitload of money with it. It just forces them to place a note somewhere in the README (as in: WILLNEVERBEREAD) mentioning you.
pranomostro
(26-07-2016, 05:12 AM)venam Wrote: Again, licensing solves all this.

I haven't had any experience of somebody trying to steal my code (I'm not famous enough, I guess :P)
But I don't think anybody really cares about licenses if they are willing to market other people's code
as their own.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode